[44] Day

So here we are, Akara and I sitting around during class. A week, it took almost a full week for Akara and I to be given the all-clear and put back into classes. So as I sit here, the first class on a Thursday evening, I realise that getting myself in trouble isn't so bad and I should do it more often and get out of class.

And from what I have heard, it's holidays this weekend and I'm going to have the lovely Moon Dorm all to myself and my thoughts. A bad idea if you ask me. Most of the class are going to Aido's place apparently, except Aido isn't. A little suss if you ask me.

"So you are leaving at the last minute so you can stay with Zero, yeah?" I look over to Akara who is watching the teacher.

He nods, "He's being allowed out tonight so I'm going to stay up Saturday and spend the day with him, then leave in the middle of the fucking night. Gotta get the most out of my boyfriend." He very sadly chuckles. This boy is not okay.

I nod, understanding the logic of his plan.

"Are you going anywhere?" He asks, pulling his eyes away from the teacher and looking sideways at me.

I shake my head, "I'm spending the holiday here with Kaien and Yuki. Hopefully Zero decides to love me because I need somebody else to talk to."

Akara chuckles and nods, leaning his chin on his palm and looking back to the board. I sigh and watch Yagari write across the blackboard and try to think of a way to annoy him, even slightly. I raise my hand so when he turns around to face be he has to speak to me.

"Yes, Niko?" He gives me a look of literal 'I will kill you when I get the chance.'

"Can I go to the toilet, sir? I'm about to explode." I keep a straight face as Akara gives me a weird look.

"Be my guest." He points to the door.

I smirk and skip down the classroom to the door, waving obnoxiously at him before slamming the door shut and leaving. I wander down the hall, stretching my hands above my head. I don't need to go to the toilet, I haven't eaten today, I have hunting rights tonight so I'm holding off so I don't be lazy and only get a little, I have to hit the jackpot tonight.

I glance out the expansive windows of the building and notice movement in the trees, a lot of it. I narrow my eyes in on the spot and listen carefully, trying to drown out Yagari's boring voice.

" . . . murder . . ."

Well that doesn't sound good, does it? I push the window open and hop out of it, onto the balcony and then to the ground. Wandering into the tree line and trying to distinguish what is going on without being seen. I poke my head around a tree and notice Zero standing with his gun pointed out at someone.

Wow, Zero, the day you get out and you are getting in trouble already. Sounds like me not gonna lie, Zero is my spirit animal. I let my Ukakau grow out slightly, hardening it and grabbing a crystal off the edge of it. I turn around and narrow my eyes, trying to pinpoint on the classroom windows.

I need to cause a scene but not kill anybody. I catch the edge of one of the expansive windows and slingshot the spike from between my fingers into the window. I turn around and make my guest appearance on the murder Zero show.

"Hello everyone, the rule handbook says no fighting on campus. I am going to have to ask you to leave. I apologise for any inconvenience." I smile at the men, ready to beat their asses.

I may not have eaten today, but I have eaten a shit tonne over the last week because I have been waiting for the inspection to happen and it hasn't. At this point, I think it's just never going to happen.