[16] People

"Yuki, Zero I need to ask a favour." Kaien has called his two 'children' into his office out of the blue. "I know you are going to Takuma's birthday tonight."

Yuki's eyes widen, "I know you don't want us to go but I need to ask Kaname-sama some things!"

She protests loudly, making Zero knock her up the head with his fist.

"Be quiet, let him finish."

Kaien nods to the boy, "As I was saying I don't mind you going. But we have a new student and I want you to take her to the party with you so she knows how to get to the dorm."

Yuki's eyes go wide while Zero narrows his.

"A new night class student?" Yuki asks, her head tilting to the side.

Kaien nods again, "She is a close friend of mine so I would like you to treat her nicely."

The door behind them opens, making all three look towards it. Niko walks in, hair out and uniform on. She holds her old clothes in her hands and her phone in the other. She completely ignores the two new people in front of her and walks towards Kaien.

"I know you want to destroy this, but I need to make one phone call first, I thought you would like to be present." Niko glances slightly back at Yuki and Zero, her eyes lingering on the latter a little longer than he would like.

"Go ahead." Kaien nods to the girl.

She nods back and opens the phone, going through her contacts slowly. She freezes on one contact, staring at the name with her finger paused over the call button. She shakes her head and continues scrolling down to the bottom of her contacts. She makes sure she is calling the right person before calling them. She hopes they pick up otherwise her life is going to be very difficult from now on.

Well, more difficult than it already is.

"Hello?" His gruff voice rings out over the line, making Niko thank Kami in her head.

"Hello, Yomo. It's Niko."

"Oh, Niko? You're alive?" He asks, surprised, just openly channelling through his voice.

"Yeah I am, and I need to ask a favour." Niko cringes slightly, leaning against the desk and staring at her feet.

"Go ahead."

"I need you to help me with my monthly supply. Where I am I can't get anything by myself. I was wondering if you could help me for a little extra cash." She asks, her entire body tensing up.

"You don't need to pay me, I will always help you Niko. You are family. Just send through my address."

Niko internally prays to the gods and falls in love with Yomo's mentality at the same time.

"Thank you so much Yomo, I'll send an address but don't contact this number again."

"Got it."

Niko hangs up and quickly texts her location before handing the phone to Kaien. He places the phone on his desk and smiles at her.

"I can get Zero to destroy it tomorrow."

The said boy snaps a glare at him.

"Anyway, Niko this is my daughter Yuki Cross." He jumps around his desk and stands behind Yuki, who smiles and waves awkwardly at the girl. "And this is my son, Zero Kiryu."

Niko's eyes flicker at the sound of the last name, registering the fact that neither of them are actually this man's children. Zero doesn't even bother correcting the man, he just wants to get this over and done with.