16: Percabeth

Three years after the defeat of Gaia and things at Camp Half-Blood had never been better. That was, until Percy disappeared.

Annabeth was freaking out. His bed was empty, and there was no note left, or any sign of a struggle. There was no Great Prophecy to explain his absence this time. Chiron alerted the gods and Camp Jupiter. Annabeth and the old centaur both agreed not to tell Sally until absolute necessary - she was six months pregnant and shouldn't have to worry about Percy any more than she already did. The camps were sending out all of their best searchers. Artemis' Hunters were trying to track him. No one had any luck though.

A week later, with no news of Percy, Annabeth decided it was time to tell Sally. She was just about to Iris-Message her from Cabin 6's IM station when there was a knock on the door. Annabeth pulled it open and on the other side, found Percy, sopping wet. She kissed him.

Percy pulled back. "Wise Girl, we've got a problem."

She slapped him. "Dam right we do. Where have you been? We've been worried sick about you!"

"Annabeth," Percy croaked. For the first Annabeth noticed how... traumatised Percy looked.

"What's wrong Seaweed Brain?"

A tear slipped down his cheek. "Spongebob isn't real."