23.Stockings

....OwU

"Who put socks over the damn fireplace? Is someone trying to commit arson?" Kokichi pawed at one of the sparking socks.

"Oh let me help!" Miu turned her head to him.

"No stop, those are the stockings leave them alone!" Kaede ushered them away, leaving them unharmed.

"Why do we even need them? Santa will give us anything we want anyway!" Kokichi kept complaining.

"You're picky, I'm willing to take what I can get!" Kaito told him.

"Oh please, you would write Satan instead of Santa you're that dumb!" Kokichi mocked him and stuck his tongue out.

"You..." Kaito growled as they began fighting for the tenth time that week.

Maki sighed and shook her head. "Would you two shut up? Those are for people who want to give secret Santa gifts." She explained.

"Secret Santa huh..?" Shuichi mumbled to himself.

"Hm? Does Saihara plan on sneaking into someones socking at night? What a creep!" Kokichi teased him.

"Shut up, don't call him that!" Kaito barked at him.

"Oh I'm so scared~"

Ignoring Maki's warning, they continued to bicker all dinner long.

Shuichi kept the stocking in mind.

...

"Thank you for the dinner Ms.Toujo! It was very good!" Gonta complimented her.

"Ah, no need to thank me. I appreciate you noticing though." She smiled a bit and put the dirty dishes in the sink.

Everyone filled out the room after eating, a few more students thanking her for the meal.

Shuichi on the other hand left to go make his own 'secret Santa' gift.

◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡

"Hmm?~" Kokichi hummed a tune while walking down the hall, stopping when his eyes caught something in his checkerboard themed stocking.

Inside was a pristine bottle of Panta. Kokichi's eyes went wide and was about to jug the whole thing before he noticed a letter in the bottom.

Opening it up revealed a small pun about love or something, and then a confession asking him to be at a local restaurant at eight.

Kokichi snickered to himself and put it in his pocket, "Well done, Shuichi. Well done."