||REQUESTED|| Tf RB Heatwave x Female Reader

Requested by: Tankkeli
Thanks for requesting!

(Y/N)'s POV

  "Happy birthday to you~!"

  I quickly blew the candles off their positions on the firefighter-themed cake. Everyone clapped.

  "Now tell me what's the surprise all of you have been telling me about?" I asked with my eyes sparkling.

  "Find out yourself, honey," my mother said with a sweet smile, handing me a letter that was addressed directly to me.

  "What is this?" I giggled nervously.

  "Open it," my younger brother yelled, squeezing my arm hard.

  I opened the letter cautiously.

Dear Ms. (Y/N),

  After careful consideration and discussions, the Griffin Rock rescue team representative, Chief Charlie Burns, has accepted only your application.

  A big congratulations to you. The rescue team has sent a ferry scheduled next month to receive you.
Attached are the details, please do check if your particulars are written correctly.

  Thank you, and have a blessed 30th birthday.

Yours sincerely,
The Griffin Rock rescue team

  I squealed. Out loud.

  "So? Did they accept you?" mother asked with excitement written all over her face.

  "YES! THEY DID!" I shouted out loud.

Everyone cheered. My father rubbed my head hard as he yelled excitedly. I am going to work in Griffin Rock very soon! I can't wait to meet with Kade Burns and finally get out of sim rescues!

The day to board the ferry

Heatwave's POV

  "Heatwave? We gotta pick up a new firefighter recruit."

  I groaned. This is the last straw.

  "Kade, why can't you ever shut your mouth with those popcorn you always carry? I'm trying to rest after scanning a new form," I snapped.

  "Just get over here you pile of-"

  "Kade!" I heard Cody warn him through the comm link.

  I sighed. "I'll be upstairs in a minute."

At the port

(Y/N)'s POV

  My eyes were still swelling from crying. I could have remained back at the main land working as a shop cashier but firefighting is my passion. I have to make a small sacrifice to achieve what I want.

  "Folks, we have arrived in Griffin Rock!" the captain announced through the public announcement system.

  The first thing I see when I stepped out of the ferry was a giant red robot standing stiffly. Maybe I can get used to a robot walking around town.

  "Miss (Y/N)?"

  I turned to see a fireman, about a few years younger than me, approached me.

  "You must be Kade Burns! I've heard about you all over the news, you were great!" I fangirled, then stopped after realising that I was smiling like a doofus.  "Sorry, I'm just very excited."

  "Meh, it's fine. C'mon, you're staying at the firehouse with us," Kade said, motioning to me.

  "Are we gonna walk all the way there?" I asked, dragging my wheeled-luggage behind me.