3. percy weasley

:tribus:
~Percy Weasley~

:tribus:~Percy Weasley~

✰✰✰

Percy Weasley was perfect in many ways.
Born on the 22nd of August 1976, he wasn't early nor late but precisely on time. Twelve o clock in the afternoon and a surprisingly simple birth.
The young ginger child was seen as a blessing to his parents who had previously had to deal with two rather testing births of the older Weasleys Bill and Charlie.

Bill and Charlie were relatively happy to have another brother, although this meant less attention for themselves. They saw themselves as role models to the young boy even though he would turn out completely different.
Percy accomplished many simple tasks at a faster rate than other children. Reading, writing, walking and talking were achieved faster than any of his siblings (even the ones that came after him) and his parents were shocked at his hard working and intelligent essence.

'Maybe we'll have a Ravenclaw in the family'

Proceeding Percy were four red headed children. Fred, George, Ron and Ginny.
The twins were often called the troublesome two and caused a lot of bother for the older brother who just wanted to work. They were beams of light yet as wicked as hyenas as they sped round the household (always together) pranking everyone in sight.
Most of the family found it entertaining and hilarious however Percy saw them as distractions towards his work.

Ron and Ginny were quieter for sure. Percy (disregarding the twins) pledged to be a role model for the youngest Weasleys not wanting anymore troublemakers under the burrows unsteady roof.
Despite his efforts it seemed it was in a child's nature to misbehave and have fun. This seemed weird to Percy, maybe it was because he grew up too fast, never able to experience the true essence of childhood fun.

The third Weasley child had a plan from the day he was old enough to make one. After all he may as well put his intelligence and work ethic to good use.
Being from a pure blood family meant that the boy could map out his life without surprise. Hogwarts was inevitable for him. Unlike his siblings, he saw no glory in fruitless fun such as quidditch and instead placed his goals for something of 'higher purpose'.

This 'higher purpose' was of course a shining badge (preferably ruby red) spelling out prefect in impressive gold lettering. This title would heighten his social standing and prove that his hard work excelled him above his siblings who seemed to prioritise messing around over academic study.
Of course the head boy badge would be essential too however becoming a prefect was a turning point, the beginning, the planting of the seed later growing into his marvellous future.

✰✰✰

The motivation of Percy's lust over success could be interpreted in many ways. The nicer of these would be that Percy had always wanted to help out his family. He was obviously a smart boy who could see from the piling bills and lopsided house that financial situations weren't always easy in the ginger family.
It was said that Percy wanted to gain a fair life for the parents who had raised him so well, so they could be relaxed and not worried about having to feed seven kids with minimum wage.