20. forgotten apologies

:viginti:
~forgotten apologies~

:viginti: ~forgotten apologies~

✰✰✰

By the time that Patrick woke up, Leo was gone. The bed was empty not neatly made but scrumpled up suggesting the boy had left in a rush to avoid the blonde. However the other two beds were now occupied. Patrick didn't know how to feel about sharing his room with two second years however anything could be better than Sean and Henry.

The new boys were already awake and taking while getting ready.
"Oh hi" one of them grinned upon seeing Patrick awake. The blonde already hated the enthusiasm.
"I'm Jeremy Stratton" smiled the boy as he held out his hand,
"Patrick Larson" he responded.
"Yeah we know who you are" the other boy smirked as he pushed back his brown hair. Patrick raised his eyebrows in a testing manner wondering if there was another fight ensnaring.

"Don't worry" the brunette laughed "I don't care if your gay or not, doesn't bother me"
"Glad to hear it" replied Patrick in a monotone voice as he pushed himself out of bed,
"I'm Roger... Roger Davies"
"Pleasure" the blonde smirked sarcastically. For being thirteen years old, Roger wasn't a lot shorter than him.
However the idea of getting to know his two roommates was overshadowed by the anxieties he had over the fourth roommate and the argument they'd had the night before.

"See you later then" Jeremy called as Patrick paced away quickly into the bathroom.
By the time he made it down to the great hall, a lot of people were retreating for their first lessons.
Patrick's robes skirted his ankles as he strode over to the Ravenclaw table praying that Anna was still there. He needed to know that he could still count on his best friend.

He saw her immediately, her blonde hair tied back into a tight ponytail. In front of her sat Annabelle who once again had disregarded her own table to sit with the Ravenclaw. Bella was talking rapidly to Anna in a lowered voice moving her hands in an animated fashion. Anna however didn't seem that engrossed as she stirred her cereal idly with her spoon.
Once she saw Patrick making his way towards the table her eyes widened in surprise. Maybe she believed he would be making himself a recluse all day like he usually did when anything slightly dramatic happened.

Bella turned around to see where Anna was looking. As soon as she saw Patrick she glared at him before standing up and moving away without as much as a word to the boy or a goodbye to Anna.
"Well then" Anna raised her eyebrows as Patrick dropped into the seat opposite her where Bella had just been seated,
"Do you hate me as well?" He asked immediately "I didn't mean it ok I was annoyed and stupid"

"Shut up Patrick" Anna rolled her eyes "I don't hate you"
"Oh thank god" he breathed in relief "don't do that you almost gave me a heart attack"
"Yes well you deserve it, how could you be so stupid" she muttered "I know Leo overreacted but saying he didn't understand prejudice... really Pat?"
"I wasn't thinking" groaned the boy "I didn't exactly say he didn't understand ... ok maybe I did but I was thinking on the terms of being gay"