43.

"And how are your parents doing, darling?"

Jo's voice flooded Tony's ears like a sticky waterfall of warm honey falling on his hearing senses, returning to feel the nostalgia of that voice he had forgotten when she pampered him as a child when visiting his now blue-eyed lover. Although he was lost on the planet of his thoughts for a few seconds, he avoid at all costs that the smile that he gave to the sweet woman upon receiving her question would turn sad even though its end was not to achieve it, missing the others present at the table family.

Nick watched him in some bewilderment as he waited for an immediate thoughtful response, dropping the silverware he was currently using to cut a piece of meat off his plate. Noticing that no words came out of the dancer's mouth, he gestured for him to answer his mother's curious question.

"Are you okay, Antonio?" He wanted to call him "honey" or "love" but he had to stay out of that ... for now.

The aforementioned, upon feeling the softness of the younger's hand melt on his shoulder in a touch of encouragement, by reflections he caressed the back of it without any qualms, regardless of the magnifying glass of the expectant glances of the parents of his little bear put on him.

Nick instantly blushed, and with some care and simulation, managed to clean the crimson makeup on his face without removing his hand from the curly's body. Fortunately, his parents hung their eyes with interest on the black-haired boy.

"My father abandoned us after entering high school" He replied after the infinite turning of the hands of an uncomfortable silence. He responded as if that were an insignificant experience, shrugging one shoulder disinterestedly, even though he knew deep down his departure still hurt. However, his chest sank with the following memory. "And well my mother ... passed away due to an accident."

Jo's mouth fell "Oh... my God."

Both Nick and his parents were stunned by what they heard, their hearts clenching like the clenching of a fist and their appetite losing their palate to the stellar food that the chestnut's father had prepared. Regardless of whether his parents were present, the blue-eyed boy wrapped his curly lover in a warm hug with the aim of turning his grief into a smile, in a loving and protective way.

He felt fucking bad, guilty, signaled for not having asked him before about the life of that woman he had considered his second mother throughout his childhood, who could now be his mother-in-law, and both families could spend together during the holidays because he would have a more than reasonable reason to acquire the Lopez surname. He felt like an idiot for not having taken an interest in the life of who would soon become his official boyfriend. Truth be told, he never predicted a fate like that would ever happen, much less happen to someone he loved quite a lot.

On the other hand, Jo and her husband lost the ability to speak. Their voices had evaporated upon hearing the unfortunate news that they now no longer wanted to hear due to the harshness of them but it was too late to take a step back, freezing them instantly, their skins pale to negative tones like two living corpses, squeezing their lungs to the point of evacuating all oxygen and leaving them without air until death. The tears of the sensitive woman did not take long to create a trace, she was very fragile and knowing that the neighbor who had helped her in a moment of crisis had passed away was a very strong blow to her heart and her memories.

For now the guilt, which had previously flowered for not having contacted the Lopez's, was suffocating her to a maximum degree of impossibility.

"S-sweetie, I'm so sorry, I... I didn't think... I didn't think something like that had happened..." She lamented, her tears spilling over her boiling cheeks, her eyes burning strongly, her porcelain body trembling, the poor mistress of house was entering an emotional war. However, she took strength to get to hear the outcome of the tragic story "B-but, w-why? Why it happened? How it happened? W-why her?"