14.

"You are the worst friend I have had to endure!" Ryland's voice pierced the air, darting through Nick's ears before he could dodge the bitter words.

Turning on his own heel, the brown-haired boy observed in the front row the hasty manner in which his best friend's shoes trotted in his direction as if he was escaping from a police chase. The clear black eyes analyzed them for an instant, concluding that the boy was not in need of help, before his body reacted with a start and began to run in terror towards the gate that connected the exterior with the interior of the boarding school.

After advancing a few steps, Ryland managed to catch him up, throwing himself onto the slim back as he fall face first onto the gravel path with his company. The junior university student must have mentally beaten himself for not remembering in advance that even an ant could have more strength than him, now he was wailing as he writhed like a worm under the weight of the boy, without a timely plan that was capable of allowing him to shake off the grip from his best friend.

Damn! And he must have thought it through with determination to save himself from the fact that his new button-down plaid shirt would be muffled by the splash of polluted dust from the lead soil. He suppressed a groan of pain as he felt the bones in his back whimper due to the crushing shackle but what really caused his eyes to flood with rebellious tears was when the taller guy caught his limbs in a cunning battle movement that caused his arms to twist of the heartbreaking feeling when they were attached to the small of his back.

An efficient mortal key that weakened all of his physical senses.

Pulling on his arms more forcefully than he could, Ryland pressed a hand to Nick's upper back to make him contort with torture.

"You're hurting me, you subnormal!" He complained, trying to make him understand that he really needed to break free if he didn't want to say goodbye to the vitality of his bones. He trapped his lower lip with his teeth to tolerate the agony in his muscles. "Let go of me now, psychopath, I feel like I'm going to pass out!"

"Shut your mouth, you bloody exaggerated!" Frowning even though the boy could not see him, the hangman opened his victim's backpack and rummaged one of his hands among the things that were stored there to later retrieve a wide notebook, which the chestnut used frequently to practice his lines before the rehearsal of any of his works. "You know the reason why I'm mad at you, right?"

"Agh, I don't know what the hell you're talking about! Ouch, ouch!" He squealed from the pressure that was being placed on his arms, putting on an exhausted expression. "I have to meet Avani to help me with my scripts; I need to be prepared for my classes on Monday." He failed to make him yield. "Ryland, stop it!"

"That's why you carry this notebook." He put the blue binding in view of the younger chestnut, contracting him a horrified expression. "Your stupid lessons are more important than hiding an important event from your best friend."

"Don't even think of doing something stupid with that, Ryland." Nick warned firmly from the ground. "Give it back; seriously, I can't lose it." He struggled. "It is of utmost importance to me."

"Fuck you, asshole!" The named hissed before opening the first sheet of his lines, slowly starting to untie its little filed holes from the thick rings that held them, producing a cracked sound that made his little bunny scream in fear. "This is for making me waste my breath giving you advices you didn't seem to want to follow."

"NOOOOO!" Thanks to a miracle of strength, the minor managed to free one of his arms from his best friend's mortal key, feeling all his internal bones adjust again in a crunch as he tried to reach his notebook with a dramatic gesture. "My first comedy of Romeo and Juliet, you took its life away, murderer!