2:17

Pulling up to the boarding house, Gala was thoroughly surprised to see her older brother standing outside the front door, with Elena standing in the doorway safely in the house handing over the dagger that had been buried in his chest.

"Elijah?" Gala questioned, gaining both of their attention.

Elena was quick to shush her though, before pointing to her ear and then up. Gala gave a nod in understanding before rushing to her tattered-up brother and giving him a hug, which he returned. She pulled away from her brother to see Elena was standing with the door closed and jacket clung to her frame with a set of keys in her hand.

"Come on." Elijah said to his sister as he pulled her to Elena's car. He opened the back door letting her climb in before shutting the door behind her.

She watched as her brother slid into the front seat and Elena handing over a blood bag. Elijah took the bag and pulled the top before sipping the blood. Elena pulled away from the boarding house, heading in the direction of the small town.

They did not make it into town though, Elena had pulled over and placed it into park before turning to the original. Elijah had just finished his blood bag and Gala was just sitting in the backseat patiently waiting for the conversation to start.

"You look better." Elena sated.

"Where did you get the dagger?" Elijah jumped straight in with the question.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena spoke causing Gala to let out a snort.

"The last time you gave your word to Elijah, Elena, you put a dagger in his heart." Gala said as she sat up, sticking her head in between the seats. "So, no offence, but you have no right to ask for his word."

"My sister is right. Your ability to make demands has long passed." He deadpanned.

"No demands. I'm offering you me help. And in returns I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah questioned, looking over at the doppelgänger.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

The tension was cut with the vibrating of a cell phone. Gala watched as Elena picked up the phone, hesitating before answering. Gala knew it had to be either Stefan or Damon, more likely Stefan.

"Where are you?" Gala listened as Stefan's voice through the phone. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Elena answered.

"Where's Elijah?" Stefan questioned.

"He's right here."

"Where? I'm on my way."

"No, Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone." Gala quirked and eyebrow considering she was sitting in the backseat.

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted." Gala let out a sigh before leaning up and gently pulling the phone away from the doppelgänger.

"Don't worry Stefy." Gala said as she put the phone to her ear while looking at the disgruntled teenager in the driver seat.

"Gala."

"Elena pulling the dagger from my brother was probably the best decision she could have made at this point. But don't fret I'm with them, so that should ease your mind." Gala said before pulling the phone from her ear and hanging up the phone, cutting of any response from the vampire.

Gala pocketed the teenagers phone after declining a second incoming call from Stefan. She let out sigh as she felt her own phone vibrate in her other pocket. She pulled it out to see Damon's name stare at her, answering it on the third vibrate as Elena pulled away from the curb.