✨ Chapter 68 ✨

Should I get a glass of water? Would it look very awkward? Again, is there anything in the world more awkward than this?

"What? You don’t want to?" Sehun frowns. Gosh, he's just asking you to pet a freaking pup. He didn’t ask to marry. Breath, Piyuu!

"I'd love to.." Piyuu says. Phew, finally! Congratulations Piyuu on saying three words like a normal human being.

"Hey Siyaah and Channie, want to help me give Vivi and the pups dinner tonight?" Sehun asks.

"More than anything. Come on, Vivi!" Chanyeol says playfully.

Piyuu kneels down and pats Vivi on the head, "Hello ma'am. Such adorable kids you have. But aren’t you the most adorable mom too? Now go, eat well, okay?"

Vivi seems to lean on her touch and all the puppies gather around her. Wow, Piyuu's good at it.

As soon as Siyaah, Chanyeol and Sehun is out of earshot, I corner Piyuu like a prey. I'm super quick, that one.

"Soo...how are you two getting along?" I smirk.

"Niki he's so amazing, I think I'm gonna faint!" Piyuu whispers so low in order to not let Sehun hear that I barely hear it.

"Hey, don't faint, don't faint. You can do this, okay? I've complete faith in you! Let's try our best on behaving like a human!" I giggle.

"I'll try my best.." she's practically sweating.

"I know you two would hit it off!" I exclaim.

Her eyes widen and she looks around, "Hey, keep your voice down!" she glares at me.

"Sorry, sorry! I'm just so excited! It's just that you two would be so good together!" I squeal.

Crap, they’re back!

"Were you two talking about me?" Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Se, how dare you! We'd never do something like that!" I pout.

"Never, ever, ever!" Piyuu giggles. Sarcastic Piyuu might be my new favourite Piyuu. Even Chuu smiles innocently at them, she's a fast learner.

"I don't know, Channie, what do you think?" Sehun asks.

"I think I'm gonna stay out of this one," Chanyeol shrugs.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Siyaah steps in between me and Piyuu, "I saw the expo on the T.V. and what G-Dragon said about you. Congratulations Piyuu!"

Hey, look, a distraction! But judging by the look on Piyuu's face, it mightn't be the one I was hoping for.

"You mean the one about my bridal gown?" Piyuu asks in a hoarse voice.

"That's the one! He mentioned that the combination of sophistication and feminine vibe was priceless in your designs. Is there any closeup photo?" Siyaah asks.

"Yes there is! I modelled for it. I took like a hundred mirror selfies," I pull my phone out of my pocket and quickly find the photo, "Here, this one!"

"Wow, it's amazing! Chanyeol, see!" Siyaah exclaims and Chanyeol shows the same amount of enthusiasm.

"Congratulations, Piyuu," Sehun says. Now, don't say you don't appreciate this, Piyuu!

"Eh, don't congratulate me. It was totally based on what I learnt in my designing course."

"So? It was a good design. Amazing design!" Chanyeol gasps.

"Like Chuu-level amazing design!" I add.

"See, I'm not usually the one for fashion. But your designs really attracted me," Siyaah says.

"Thank you so much for the compliments, guys. But..it's just that, my idol finally knows me and it's because of something I do in need of money and learned from course, not something that comes out from me naturally. This job's not turning out how I expected it to be. I'm honestly considering giving up," Piyuu sighs.

"You're not being serious right now, right? I knew you were frustrated, but I didn’t think it was this bad!" I gasp.

"Don't you dare, Piyuu! This gown was incredible, either you want to believe it or not!" Chanyeol growls.

"Besides, you can't quit. I need you! You've been my rock. I would've never got my job back if it hadn’t been for you. You introduced me to everything and you’re a part of everything I've achieved so far. I won't be able to do this without you as my business partner," I sigh sadly.

"Most people don't have overnight success. Building a career can take literal years," Sehun finally says something and this time Piyuu actually seems shaken.

"Seriously, your time will come. You just have to be patient. You're expecting too much from yourself in too short a time," Sehun whispers and Piyuu's jaw drops open.

"Y-You're right. I guess I do have a tendency to be hard on myself.." she sighs.

Piyuu stands up and smiles, "Okay, okay, you've all convinced me. I won’t give up, at least not yet."

We've all convinced? More like Sehun only convinced.

"You're very talented. And you're gonna move up to the big leagues soon. I'm sure about it. And in the mean-time, you’ve got your hype team here to help you out!" Siyaah squeezes her back.

I nod, "Anytime you need a reminder of how awesome you are, just call us up."

Piyuu's eyes almost becomes teary, "Thank you so much guys. I really do appreciate it. I don't think I can express just how much. But just know that it's a lot!"

I shake my head angrily, "Don't you dare thank me! I'm here for you no matter what."

Siyaah clears her throat, "Now, I've got drinks, cheese from the fancy part of the grocery store, and pasta! Let's go!"

"Party time!" Chanyeol howls.

Honestly speaking? She had me when she said Cheese.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Another week passes by, and between Aria and Luhan's wedding and my attempt to chase down more clients, I can barely find a minute for myself.

Tonight, however, I'm not complaining. Because it's time for one of the things that I've been the most excited about since taking the job: Luhan and Aria's wedding cake tasting.

I quickly get prepared for their place. Can't be late for this one! Within a few minutes, I'm present at their door excitedly.

To Be Continued