CHAPTER 30

December 18th 1977

December 18th 1977

Tonight was the night of Slughorn's Christmas party for the Slugclub. Angelica had finished getting ready and she had promised to meet James, Sirius and Remus before hiding into the party. Four days had passed since most of her and James' friends had found out that they were seeing each other. Alice and Sirius had admitted that they felt a bit hurt that they weren't the first to find out but instead it was Peter. After a couple days of James getting the silent treatment from his doggy friend, he'd finally apologized for making such a big deal out of it. Angelica hair flopped about as she quickly made her way down the stairs from the Ravenclaw tower. She held the end over her long red, silk dress in her hands so she would trip over it as she quickly made her way down the stairs [dress at the end]. The necklace James brought her on her 18th birthday, hit her chest as she moved quickly. 

"There she is." Remus' voice was heard, not too far away.

"Finally! Prongs your girlfriend takes…… forever." Sirius said, his jaw dropping slightly at the sight of the redhead girl. 

"Oh save off Pads, you take way longer than her! We had to drag you out of the- OW!" James was cut off by both Remus and Sirius hitting their friend in the arm before making him turn around. "What are you- Wow." James questioned before his jaw dropped once he saw his girlfriend. 

"Hi." Angelica said softly as she came closer to the tall group of boys. 

"Hi… um waw." James breathed, not knowing as if he could speak.

"Well let's get going lover birds." Sirius said, giving both James and Angelica a push forward. James reached down and gently grabbed Angelica's smaller hand.

"You look lovely, Miss Rogers." James whispered in her ear. Angelica felt her cheeks dust with blush as he kissed the back of her hand.

"You're not too bad yourself, Potter." Angelica replied.

"Oh! Look at us! We're happy and in love and not dead inside." Sirius said from behind the two. "Get fucked! The both of you." He said, jokingly rolling his eyes. Remus laughed lightly as he walked next to Sirius and faint smiles came over both James and Angelica faces. The rest of the night seemed to go by like a blur but Angelica remembered the most was dancing with James most of the nice.
_____
December 20th 1977

Angelica was spending most of her last day at Hogwarts,  before Christmas break, with Alice. She'd learned that Alice would be staying at Hogwarts, not going home to her parents like she originally planned. So the Gryffindor sneaked the redhead Ravenclaw into the Gryffindor tower where they sat and talked in front of the warm fire that lit up the room. 

"I wonder how Sirius is holding up." Angelica said, just above a whisper. Alice gave the redhead a confused look.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked.

"Well, Alex invited James to his wedding and obviously that a few days after Christmas. So that means James isn't going to be here." Angelica explained. Alice nodded. 

"NOOOOOOO!" A high pitched, yelling voice came from upstairs, in the boys dorm. Alice and Angelica smiled and started laughing.

"That's Sirius." Alice said. "After being in the same house as him for 6 years, you learn the difference." Alice explained through laughter. Fast, loud footsteps came running down the stairs and out of the corner of Angelica's eye she saw a flash of long black hair.

"Please don't make him go! Pleaseeee!" Sirius said, getting down on his knees in front of the redhead. 

"Don't give in Angie! His puppy eyes are evil." James yelled as he ran down the stairs over his friends. 

"Please Rogers! Don't make him-"

"Padfoot stop! I'm going! You'll see me again soon enough." James said cutting Sirius of mid sentence. Sirius snapped his head James' way, his eyes narrowed at the boy wearing glasses before a growling at him. 

"Did… Sirius just… growl at him?" Alice questioned. 

"Yes Alice, yes he did." Remus' voice called down the stairs. "Give it up Padfoot, it's not gonna work anymore." Remus told him. Sirius frowned standing up. He huffed as he stomped his way up stairs, muttering:

"Stupid wedding, could just stay her for Christmas but nOoO! He has to go to his girlfriend brothers stupid wedding." 

James rolled his eyes at his friend's comment.

"You know you're going to get the silent treatment again don't you dear?" Angelica asked her boyfriend. James sighed and nodded. 

"Yeah I know."

[A/n - sorry guys. I just remember I never put the dress in😅