CHAPTER 16

October 8th 1977

October 8th 1977

Angelica ran. She ran as fast as her leg could carry her. She tried to hide the tears that wanted to fall from her eyes. She didn't hear the sound of running footsteps from behind her or the sound of yelling voices. She didn't care for the weird look she got from other students or teachers. She just wanted to hide and be alone.

"Hello Angelica." A voice said as she walked into the bathroom. The redhead looked up in shock as she saw a ghost floating in front of her.

"H-how do you k-know my name?" She stuttered. The ghosted shrugged and smiled. "Do you have anywhere I can hide?" Angelica asked. The ghost nodded, pointing to one of the bathroom stools. "Thanks." Angelica went and locked herself away, finally letting the tears leave her cold blue eyes. She thought of everything that she had heard Lily say, wondering if anyone else thought of her that way. She questioned why Frank, Alice and Emmeline were even friends with her and why James was being so nice to her.

"Myrtle, have you seen Angelica?" James' voice filled the redheads' ears. Myrtle nodded her head over to the toilet stools.

"She's in there." She said, "I'll give you two some space." The ghost said behind disappearing.

"Angie? Where are you?" James called out, his heart breaking at the sound of her sobs. He stood in front of the stool she sat in. He placed his hand on the door, resting his forehead against it. "Angie, come on Love. Let me in." James told her.

"N-no." Angelica whispered from the other side. James frowned at the sound of her voice. He sighed and sat down in front of the door.

"Angelica, don't listen to Evans. You're not weak! You're just going through some shit and I'm sure if she had to go through what you're going through she'd feel the same." James started, "She's just jealous that I gave up on her and she knows that no one cares for her the way that I do to you. Alice isn't using you, neither is Frank or Emme or Me for that matter. We all think that you're the smartest, kindest person we know and you make everyone smile. Who cares if you cried about Mr Pumpkin! You're just got a bigger heart than Evans and you see the beauty in everyone." James explained to her. Angelica listened to the words that left James' mouth. She whipped away the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

"Really?" She spoke softly.

"Yes really! Now will you please open the door?" James asked. Angelica stood up, whipping away some more tears. James' heard her footsteps, he stood up from his spot on the ground. He watched as the door opened slowly and as he saw the red hair he loved. Without a word, the girl hid her face in the boy's chest. James' was shocked at first but smiled softly and finally wrapped his arms around the crying girl. "It's alright Darling, I've got you."

"Thank you." The girl cried.

"Of course, love."

[A/n - Sorry that this is short. I just wanted to post but i was also in class :) ]