CHAPTER 26

December 6th 1977

December 6th 1977

The air outside was cold as Angelica sat wrapped up in a Gryffindor quidditch jumper in the corner of the library while she read her book in peace. She’d wished that her peace could last longer but not long after she’d finished yet another chapter of her book, a boy she knew very well, with black hair and glasses came up to her. 

“Hello Love.” He said as he slid into the chair next to her. Angelica smiled as James wrapped an arm around her shoulder. 

“Hello James.” Angelica replied, resting her head on his shoulder. 

“How are you this evening, my dear?” James questioned. Kissing the crown of her head lightly.

“Very well.” Angelica smiled, “only i wish you would not call me ‘my dear’.” She told him. James gave the redhead a confused look.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because it’s what my father used to call my mother when he was cross about something.” Angelica explained.

“What endearments am i allowed?”

“Well let me think…. Angelica, for everyday. My pearl for sundays and Angel, but only on very special occasions.” She told him. James smirked.

“And, what shall I call you when i’m cross?” James asked. “Miss Rogers?” he asked, raising his eyebrow as a smirk sat on his lips.

“No… no. You may only call me Miss Roger when you are, completely…  perfectly… incandescently happy.” Angelica said, finally looking James in the eye. 

“And, how are you this evening? Miss Rogers.” James asked, yet again. A smile grew on Angelica’s lips as she placed a kiss on his cheek. 

"You're too cute." She told him. The two sat there in comfortable silences, Angelica soon went back to reading her book while James still sat next to her. He grabbed his golden snitch, that he always had on him from his pocket, and let it fly around the two of them. James ran his fingers through Angelica soft, red hair. "I got a letter that other day," Angelica spoke up, breaking the silences again. "It was from my brother, Alex, and he was wondering if you would like to come to his wedding?" She explained to him. 

"He wants me to come to his wedding?" James asked. Angelica nodded in response. "Why's that?" 

"Well my guess is because he thinks you are a nice person and he knows how much you mean to me. And he also wrote 'tell him I said, congratulations on finally growing a pair and asking her out.' So I'm guessing he's also asking you because you're my boyfriend." Angelica said. 

"Did you tell him we were dating?" James questioned. Angelica shook her head 'no'. "Not even Charlotte?" Angelica still shook her head. "You brother is scary sometimes." James admitted, "Do you think he's spying on us?" He asked looking around the library, a hint of fear in his eye, as he tried to find his girlfriend's brother. Angelica giggled and rolled her eyes. She grabbed James' chin making him look at her. 

"You know sometimes you worry too much." She teased, pushed his glasses higher up his nose. James smirked, grabbing her hand and placing a kiss on her knuckles.

"I could say the same for you, love." He said before pulling the redhead into an soft and gentle kiss, reminding the both of them of the first time they'd kissed one another. 

"Hey James, are you in here- oh sweet Merlin my eyes." Peter's shy voice was heard. The couple immediately parted, snapping their heads only to see Peter standing across the table with his arms wrapped around his head to cover his eyes. 

"Wormtail, Peter, you gotta listen to me mate. You can't say a word. Alright? We haven't told anyone yet." James said, standing up from his seat, grabbing onto the smaller boy so he wouldn't run.

"Peter, unwrap you arm, honey." Angelica said in a soft voice to the shy boy. Shockingly, the blonde boy started to slowly remove his arms from his head. 

"So-so you mea-mean that no-nobody k-knows?" Peter stuttered. James and Angelica nodded. "Not Mo-Moony or-or Padfoot? Not e-even Alice?" He questioned. 

"Nobody knows Worms." James admitted as he sat down next to his girlfriend, gently taking her hand in his. "You're the first to know."

"Bu-but why ha-haven't you told-told anyone?" Peter asked. 

"Well mainly for the fact we were trying to see how long it was until someone found out." James explained, "but then again, probably because we're not ready just yet and we'll tell everyone when we're ready." Peter nodded slowly.

"Yes, so Peter, that means you have to promise not to tell anyone what you just saw." Angelica said. Peter nodded one again. His hand shacking. 

"I promise." Peter said.

"Do you solemnly swear?" James asked. 

"I solemnly swear."

[A/n - short but sweet chapter :) ]