CHAPTER 28

December 12th 1977

December 12th 1977

"Alice! Frank! Hurry up, we have last minute Christmas shopping to do!" Angelica yelled as she walked down the snowy street in Hogsmeade. Alice and Frank followed slowly behind her.

"Why couldn't you have done all your shopping last week?" Frank asked as he rubbed his hands together trying to keep them warm. Angelica stopped in her tracks.

"I was, uh… busy?" She lied. 

"Yeah, busy acting strange." Alice said, crossing her arms over her chest. "What are you hiding, Ange?" She asked. Angelica looked down, starting to play with the necklace around her neck. 

"I'm not hiding anything." Angelica once again lied. "I promise I'm not." Angelica looked over at her two worried friends, giving them a small smile. "Why don't you two enjoy yourselves? I'll just finish the rest of my shopping." Angelica said.

"Are you sure-"

"Yes I'm sure. I'll be fine." Angelica said, cutting Alice mid sentence. The couple gave each other a look before looking back at Angelica.

"We'll be in the 'Three Broomsticks' if you need us." Frank told the redhead before leading his girlfriend over to the warm pub. Angelica watched as the two walked in, slowly walking backwards to the store she wanted to go to. The cold wind picked up the bit, Angelica Ravenclaw scarf hung loosely around her neck. The scarf blew around as the wind picked up more and more and in the matter of moments the royal blue and grey woolen scarf blew away in the wind. 

"Oh shoot." Angelica mumbled as she quickly turned around trying to grab it. Angelica sighed as she ran in the snow trying to catch the flying piece of clothing. But Angelica stopped running when she saw a hand reach up to stop the scarf from flying. Angelica sighed in relief.

"Missing something love?" James asked, handing his girlfriend her scarf. Angelica smiled as she took the scarf from his hand. 

"Thank you James." She said, rapping the warm, woolen scarf around her neck again. 

"Are you alright darling? You look stressed." James asked, "It's not about your brother's wedding again is it? I told you not to-" James was cut off by his girlfriend. 

"No, James, it isn't that." Angelica told him. 

"Then what is it?" James asked as he grabbed Angie's hand, leading her behind one of the many shops of Hogsmeade. "It's not me is it?" James questioned.

"Oh Merlin no James, it isn't you." Angelica said, "It will never be you! Nothing is wrong with you. I just… I just feel like a real shity friend for hiding this from Alice." Angelica admitted. James squeezed her hand, giving her a heart warming smile. 

"This is why I love you, you and your big heart." James laughed, "We can tell them if you're ready." James told her. The redhead nodded.

"I think I'm ready." She said. James smiled again, placing his lip gently on her cheek. "But I have to finish my Christmas shopping first."

[A/n - again, sorry for the short chapter]