CHAPTER 33

December 31st 1977

December 31st 1977

“Can you remind me, why the bloody hell did you pick New Years eve for your wedding day.” Angelica asked, her soon-to-be sister in law as she ran around the room that the Bride and Bridesmaid were getting ready in. Outside looked like the perfect day to get married. Even though there was snow on the ground still the air felt warm which confused the redhead and the rest of her family but no matter how beautiful it looked outside, having a wedding day on New Years eve was worrying. Angelica, being the maid of honor, was stressing at the hope that everyone would get her on time. 

“Actually, it was your brother that picked the date.” Charlotte told her. Angelica stopped and turned to look at the bride, raising an eyebrow. 

“And why, may I ask?”

“Because he timed it perfectly. When we have are first kiss as a married couple, it’ll have just hit midnight.” Charlotte explained, as one of the Bridesmaids finished doing her make-up.

“That’s if everything goes to plan.” Angelica said. The redhead looked down at her watch. “I should go check on the boys.” She said, walking over to the door. The redhead walked down the hallway to the room that the boys were in. She held her velvet, green dress in her hands as she walked, a similar looking dress to what all the other bridesmaids wore [dress at the end]. Her hair was tied back into a loose bun, strands of her red hair falling in her face. She wore both the ring and necklace that was given to her on her 18th birthday, the amber coloured gemstone standing out. Once she had made it to the room, she lightly knocked on the door. "How are you boys going in there?" She asked. Angelica could hear the sound of talking and footsteps getting closer to the door.

"Everything's just fine." Alexander's friend, Stephen, said when he'd open the door. "You would think Alex would be driving himself crazy with the nerves." Stephen laughed as he stepped aside, letting the redhead in. 

"Is everyone ready? The wedding is meant to start in a hour." Angelica asked all the boys. Alex looked away from the mirror as he tried to fix his tie.

"If my tie would do its job probably, then yes." Alex said sarcastically. She smiled and rolled her eyes playfully. Angelica walked over to her brother and started fixing his tie. 

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous. But I'm just trying to remember what you told me on Christmas, it's working by the way." Alexander told her, making his sister smile more than she was before.

"Good because it's gonna be great, you're gonna be great." She told him, letting go of his tie. 

"Thanks. You look beautiful by the way. I haven't seen you in a dress since you were, what? 10?" Alex laughed. 

"I have to wear a dress to be beautiful?" Angelica joked.

"That's not what I meant!"

"Sure it wasn't." Angelica laughed. "Now, I have to finish getting ready."
_____

"... and by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs Rogers, Husband and Wife. You may now kiss the bride." Everyone started cheering as the couple took their first kiss at midnight. It was now 1978. James made his way over to where Angelica and the rest of the bridesmaids stood. 

"Happy New Year, love." James said, resting his forehead on her's. Angelica smiled. 

"Happy New Year Jamie." Angelica replied. James raised an eyebrow.

"Jamie?" He questioned. Angelica giggled, nodding.

"Yes, now kiss Mr Potter!" 
_____

Angelica stood next to James as she watched her brother and sister-in-law slow dance in the middle of the room. She smiled at the thought of how happy the two looked together. James glanced down at his girlfriend, before leaning down and whispering:

"You know, this is going to be us one day." James said to her. Angelica blushed.

"You think so?" She questioned.

"I know so, love." James told her, grabbing her hand in his. "May I have this dance?"

"What do I get out of it?" She asked.

"You get to dance with a very handsome, quidditch player who also happens to be the best prankster Hogwarts has ever seen." James explained to her, "did I mention that I'm very handsome and I'm also your boyfriend." He smirked. Angelica smiled and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Will then, yes you may."

[A/n - here's the dress

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! 🥳🥳 let's hope that 2021 is better than 2020.]