CHAPTER 31

December 24st 1977

December 24st 1977

Christmas break had started four days ago. James and Angelica were staying with Angelica's childhood home. James had already been sent ten letters, most from Sirius already even though he was meant to be giving him the silent treatment. Angelica had been watching how James had been getting along with her family while she talk to her soon to be sister-in-law. Angelica helped Charlotte pick out names for her niece or nephew and before she knew it, it was almost midnight. The family was gathered around in the living room, the fireplace lit with hot, orange flames. James sat next to his redhead girlfriend, his arm wrapped around her shoulder. Angelica's head rested tiredly on his shoulder as they listened to the quiet talking from her family. 

"How you doing, Love?" James whispered to Angelica. Angelica just hummed in response, curling up against James' more. Tomorrow was Christmas day and the wind blew cold in the night air. 

"I feel like I should go to bed." Angelica mumbled. 

"Then go to sleep, Love." James chuckled. 

"Yeah, I think I'm going to go to sleep too." Charlotte said.

"Oh, why don't we all? It's getting late." Elizabeth, Angelica's mother, said. 

"That sounds great." Charlotte said. So slowly, one by one, everyone started to go to bed. Alex and to help Charlotte onto her feet, before they both said a quick good night and leading themselves to their bedroom. 

"You want to head to bed no, babe?" Angelica questioned as she tried to rub the sleep from her eyes. James nodded.

"Yeah, might as well. Or I may get another owl from Remus saying that Sirius is being a git." James joked. Angelica laughed and rolled her eyes playfully.

"So he's just complaining about Sirius being himself?" Angelica laughed.

"Yeah, pretty much." The two said goodnight to Angelica's mother before heading upstairs and making their way into Angelica's warm bedroom. James grabbed some shorts and a white singlet from his trunk to take to the bathroom at the end of the hall while Angelica waited for the taller boy to leave her room before sneaking over to his trank and stealing on of his sweaters and going over to her dresser and grabbing a pair of Pajama pants. She hopped into bed, rubbing her eyes softly as a silent yawn left her lips. The bedroom door opened carefully revealing James standing in the doorway. A smirk came over his lips once he'd seen his girlfriend wearing his sweater.

"So, you're just going to steal my clothes from now on?" James asked the redhead. 

"Yeah, pretty much." She smiled at him. James laughed as he slipped into bed next to her. They both laid on their sides, facing each other. "James, your glasses." She reminds him.

"Oh, right." James said, jumping up and putting them on the table next to him before he returned to laying down. Angelica smiled softly at him as her eyes started to flutter shut. James smiled back at her, kissing her nose lightly. "Go to sleep, love." James told her. She nodded slowly as she wrapped her arms around James' torso. She gently placed a few light kisses on his jawline before closing her eyes completely and resting her head on his chest. 

"Goodnight James." She muttered. James smiled.

"Well it's more like morning now- but Goodnight Darling."

[A/n - I know this is a really short chapter, but I still wanted to post something because it is after all Christmas. I wish you all a very safe and Happy Christmas and if you don't do Christmas then a very happy and safe rest of you holiday.

New Chapter should be here tomorrow!

Have a good rest of you day/afternoon/night! :) ]