CHAPTER 38

January 4th 1978

January 4th 1978

It was now Monday. The first day back to class after the Christmas break. Angelica had gotten up and got ready for classes. She showered, dyed and brushed her hair, brushed her teeth, got dressed into her uniform, she grabbed her wand and book bag, seeing as she wasn't going to come back up to her dorm until lunch. 

"Hmmm, I feel like I'm forgetting something…" Angelica mumbled to herself, tabbing her chin as she thought to herself. "Oh, right. My necklace." She grabbed the gemstone necklace from next to her bed, hanging it around her neck. Once Angelica knew she was ready, she made her way down to the great hall. She took a seat at the Ravenclaw table, it looked to be that not a lot of people were awake yet seeing as the halls and great hall was so empty. 

"Angelica," the redhead lifted her head and saw a girl wearing a Slytherin robe, she had blonde and brown hair tied into a half ponytail. It was Narcissa Black. "I heard about what happened on the train." She told her. 

"Dumbledore's speech?" Narcissa nodded.

"I wanted to apologize on behalf of my sister. She used to be so kind and loving, but now she's so different. I sometimes wonder if she knows what she's doing or if she really has just gone… mad." Narcissa admitted. Angelica gave the Slytherin a sad smile.

"Why don't you sit down," Angelica said, pointing to the empty spot in front of her. Narcissa sat down, listening to the Ravenclaw. "You know, you're really nice Narcissa. You're nothing like Bellatrix and you don't have to be. You can choose your future, you don't have to listen to her OR your parents. You have a choice." Narcissa gave her a questionable look, raising her eyebrow. "I heard Sirius talking about how most people are either willing turning to Voldemort or are doing it out of fear. I also heard him talk about how most of your family is joining." Angelica explained.

"When did you hear all this?" Narcissa asked.

"When I was meant to be asleep in the hospital wing." She told her. 

"But, what if I'm scared? What if I'm scared that if I don't, my family won't love me anymore and I'll be all alone." Narcissa asked. 

"Well, Sirius went against your family wishes, and I heard that your other sister Andromeda did the same. Look at them now! They are so much happier and they're not living out of fear of what their parents will think. They're free to do what they want, be who they want, have a choice in what they want to do." Angelica said, "they have their friends, their friends are they're family. You have a choice Narcissa, we all do. You don't have to be your parent's perfect little girl." 

"And… what if I'm in love with someone, who chose their future, who picked their side?" Narcissa asked, "What if it's not the same side that I may want to be on."

"Well do you really love them?" Angelica questioned. Narcissa stopped and thought about her the question she'd just been asked. "Or is it what your family wants you to think?" Angelica added on.

"I… don't know." Narcissa said, "I think I love Lucius but maybe you're right."

"Well, I'll leave you to figure that out." Angelica said, as she finished her breakfast. She was about to leave to go to class when Narcissa called her name. 

"Angelica, wait!" The Slytherin called out. The redhead turned around. 

"Yeah?"

"Could I maybe sit with you in Charms today?" She asked, "I noticed that you're really talented in that class and I was hoping you would help me out a pit." Narcissa admitted, her voice sounded hopeful. Angelica smiled.

"I would love to." Angelica replied before turning back around, making her way out of the great hall.