CHAPTER 32

December 25 1977

December 25 1977

Angelica woke up early Christmas morning to the cold air from the fresh snow that fell from the sky. She let out a deep breath from her nose as she rolled over, coming face to face with James. She smiled at the sleeping bo as he laid there peacefully. Angelica put her soft lip on the top of his nose, giving it a light kiss before sitting up in bed. Angelica let out a quick yawn as he lifted her arms over her head. She started to slowly make her way out of bed, trying not to be too loud to wake up anyone else as she made her way to the living room down stairs. A small light was on in the kitchen, grabbed her attention.

"Hello?" Angelica called out, hoping for one of her family members to answer.

"Ange? Is that you?" Alex' voice called back. Angelica let out a sigh of relief as it was just her brother and not some stranger in her kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me." Angelica replied, slowly made her way into the kitchen. Once she had entered the room she saw her brother sitting at the bar stool at the kitchen, sipping on a cup of tea.

"The water's still hot." Alex told his sister, "And mum moved the coffee to the 3rd cabinet on the left, top self." He explained. Angelica nodded, mumbling a 'thank you' to Alexander as he started to take another sip of his tea. "How's school been?" Alex asked.

"It's been good. Um, I had the Slugclub dinner and Party leading up to Christmas. James and I started dating. Ummmm. And just other school stuff." Angelica explained to her brother as she reached around and made her morning coffee. Alex sat there giving his sister a confused look.

"What a 'Slugclub'? Do you just sit there and watch Slug while having dinner or something?" Alexander questioned. Angelica laughed as she shook her head.

"No, uh, the Slugclub is a group of people from my potions class and some others who our Professor thinks is really good at what they're doing and it's call the Slugclub because our Professor's name is Slughorn." She told him. Angelica watched as Alexander's lips formed into a 'Oh' shape.

"That makes more sense." Alex muttered.

"It does, doesn't it?" Angelica still laughed. She knew that her brother was never going to get used to these weird wizard names that were out there. "What about you? How are you feeling with this wedding and all?" She asked.

"100% Nervous." Alex told her, "But that's normal... right?"

"Oh course! It is one of the biggest days of your life." Angelica replied, taking a seat next to her brother. Alexander let out a deep sigh as he ran a hand over his face.

"Thank you Angie, you're making me feel so much better." Alex said, sarcastically.

"Well think of it this way, you get to spend the rest of your life with someone that you love deeply and that you care about more than life itself. Not too long after all this happens, you'll be starting your own family with your son or daughter. MY niece or nephew. You'll have little feet running around your house and you'll be living a life just like mum and dad did. Like you've always wanted. But without the magical daughter." Angelica told him. A smile came over Alexander's face as he thought of what it would be like to have a little him or Charlotte running around their house.