CHAPTER 15

October 8th 1977

October 8th 1977

James and Remus sat in potions class. They had left lunch early for some reason, manly to the fact that both Sirius and Peter ran out of the Great hall. The class room started to slowly fill with more students. Remus looked down, reading his book while James quickly coped down Remus notes from the lessons he'd miss. The classroom door opened slowly. James' lifted his head and saw a girl with redhead walk in with two of her friends. Angelica said goodbye to ALice as she went to sit at her table, while she and Emmeline walked over to where James and Remus sat.

"Hey." Emmeline said as she sat down across from Remus. Remus looked up from his book and smiled shyly at the girl. Angelica took her seat in front of James, giving the head boy a tired smile.

"How're you holding up Angie?" He whispered to the redhead. Angelica looked him in the eye, forgetting about the beauty that was held in them.

"I've been better." Angelica said, grabbing her books. James reached over the table and grabbed her smaller hand, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles. So class had started and James looked around the classroom seeing no sight of his two other friends.

"You don't think that Padfoot and Wormtail got lost in the forest of something do you?" James whispered to Remus. Remus looked away from the front of the classroom.

"Knowing them, they probably have." he shrugged, going back to listening to Professor Slughorn. The classroom sat quietly in their seats as they listened to the older man speak. The classroom door opened with a loud BANG, as the door hit the wall.

"Sorry we're late Professor!" Sirius said as he and Peter walked into the class.

"Mr Black, Mr Pettergrew, would you mind telling me why you are late to my class?" Professor Slughorn asked, looking back and forth from the two young boys. Sirius smirked.

"While maybe if Peter here had told me that he fancied someone sooner then maybe we would've been on time." Sirius explained. Slughorn pinched his nose, shaking his head.

"Detention, Mr Black, Mr Pettergrew." Slughorn told them.

"Nice one Padfoot, now we have two Detentions we have to go to." Peter said as he walked to his seat.

"Well it's not my problem you ran into Minnie." Sirius said, rolling his eyes. Slughorn went back to teaching his lesson. Angelica sat, head head laying on her arms as they rested on the table. She didn't listen to what SLughorn was saying but she watched as he wrote things down. The redhead heard the sound of voices coming from the table from behind her and she couldn't help but listen in.

"I just don't understand." One of the voices said, a voice she knew belonged to a Gryffindor by the name of Lily Evans. "Potter has been all over me since 1st year and then now he just moves on. Like I'm nothing! And what makes it more stupid is, he moved on to another redhead." She heard Lily whisper.

"What's got you all pissed off? You never even liked him. If I remember, you called him an ugly toe rag in 5th year." The voice of Marlene Mckinnon was heard. "Are you jealous?"

"What? No! Gross!" Lily replied.

"It sounds like you are Lily." Alice's voice joined in.

"Why would I be jealous of Rogers? She's just this shy girl who let people walk all over her. She cries about plants and has no friends." Lily said. Angelica felt tears form in her eyes.

'Is that really what she thinks of me?' Angelica thought to herself.

"Watch it Lily, that's my best friend you're talking about." Alice warned. It's like Angelica could hear Lily roll her eyes.

"Why would you want to be friends with her?" Lily asked. "I bet you only use her because she's smart." Lily said. Angelica had had enough of Lily's words. With tears in her eyes she grabbed her book bag putting her books inside and left the class halfway through the lesson. Before the classroom door had closed completely, she heard the sound of James' voice say,

"What the bloody hell was that all about Evans?"

[A/n - Hey guys! Wow! Two chapters in one day. I'm on a roll!😂 I'm sorry that these chapters are short and most likely shit BUT I'm having really bad writers block at the moment. Anyway! Good morning/afternoon/night.]