CHAPTER 17

October 27th 1977

October 27th 1977

It's been 2 week since what happened in Myrtle's bathroom. Angelica found out that Alice and Emmeline ended up getting detention from starting a fight with Lily after she'd run out of class, which made her laugh. The sun slowly rises, stating Sunday morning. The air started getting colder as they got closer and closer to winter. Angelica' eye's opened as she heard her dorm mates getting ready for the day.

"Morning birthday girl." One of them said, making the redhead smile.

"Thanks Chloe." Angelica replied.

"You should start getting ready." Chloe said as she tied up her brown hair, "If you stay in bed any longer you'll miss breakfast." Angelica nodded, sitting up in her bed.

"Noted." She said as Chloe waved goodbye and left the dorm room. Angelica slowly made her way out of bed, she grabbed some warm clothes from her small dresser close to her bed. She made her way into the bathroom, having a quick shower, brushing her teeth, getting dressed, drying her hair, her normal morning routine. She grabbed her wand and one of her books about to leave her common room when she heard a small tapping coming from the window. "Apollo?" She questioned looking at the owl next to the window. The white owl carried a letter and a small, brown box. Angelica opened the window, letting the owl fly in and drooped the stuff on her bed. The redhead picked up the letter, it read:

'Dear Angie,

Happy 18th Birthday Darling! I'm so proud of my baby girl and how far you've come. I only wish that your father was here to see you, he would be just as proud as I am (if not more). Inside the box is something that your father wanted to give you before he passed, so I thought why not give it to you now.

I hope everything is going well in school and that you're safe. See you at Christmas!

Lots of love,

Your mother.'

Angelica looked up from the letter that she held in her hands and then down at the small, brown box that sat on her bed. She looked at the box confused. She placed down the letter and picked up the box. She slowly opened it and gasped in shock. A hand flew to her hand as she felt a tear form in her eyes. Inside sat a beautiful ring. A diamond sat in the middle of the ring with smaller diamonds going down the side (Ring at the end). Angelica noticed a little note also inside.

'Hello baby girl,

If you've gotten this, I'm sadly no longer with you and I want you to know that it's okay. I'm safer and in a better place now. Please look after your mother and brother for me. I wanted you to have this. It was your grandmother and I know she would've wanted you to have it. Remember that I love you so much sweetheart and I will always be with you.

From your father'

More tears filled Angelica's eyes as she read the note. She smiled down at the note. She carefully took the rig out of the box and put it on her right hand.