CHAPTER 29

December 14th 1977

December 14th 1977

"James! I'm so sorry!" Peter cried as he ran up to both head boy and girl as they walked through the courtyard. "I couldn't help it. They used my candy against me! I'm sorry James. You trusted me but I was too weak." 

"Wow, Pete, what are you talking about?" James asked the crying blonde boy the knelt down in front of him. 

"M-moony a-and-and Padfoot kn-know about Yo-you two." Peter cried. A frown formed on Angelica lips as she felt bad for the blonde boy. 

"It's okay Peter." Angelica said kneeling down to his height.

"Re-really?" He asked, finally looking the two in the eye. Angelica nodded, giving him a smile. 

"We didn't think you'd be able to hold it in for long Wormtail, we don't blame you. Padfoot and Moony can be really scary when you're hiding something from them." James admitted. "It was going to happen sooner or later. We were going to tell them after be told Alice and Frank."

"Tell us what?" Alice voice asked. Angelica's head snapped up. Her eyes widened in fear. 

"Oh no, no I can't do this." She mumbled to herself. 

"Yes you can Darling and you must. You don't know how much they heard." James told her, through his teeth. Angelica stood back up, helping Peter as she did so, before turning to look her best friend in the eye. She took a deep breath. 

"Um, I think it's time you knew that-" Angelica was cut off mid sentence to the yelling of Sirius Black. 

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER! YOU'RE DATING ANGELICA AND DIDN'T THINK TO TELL YOU BEST FRIEND?!" Sirius yelled as he stomped towards them, followed by Remus. Angelica and James' face dropped.

"You two are what now?!" Alice yelled in shock.

"You guys are dating?" Frank questioned in a calm voice. Angelica felt her heart start to raise. She'd never been good with handling strong emotions like people yelling. She hated it when people yelled at her, or others, even if it was for the smallest reason. She hated how yelling was used for a lot of things, she hated how it was loud and she hated how it made her feel unsafe. It scared her. All of her friends knew that. She felt James' hand spill into her's, making her feel a tad safer. But panic still raised in her body, she tried her best to hide it but did know if it was working. 

"PRONGS IM YOUR BEST FRIEND AND YOU DIDN'T THINK OF TELLING ME?! HOW LONG WERE YOU GOING TO KEEP THIS FROM US?!" Sirius started yelling again. The louder Sirius got the fast Angelica felt her heart beat in her chest. 

"Guys, maybe we should stop yelling." Frank said calmly as he noticed the change in the way his redhead friend was acting. "You alright, Ange?" He questioned. She shook her head 'no'. "I have an idea, but it's loud so I'd cover your ears." Frank told her. Angelica slipped her hand from James' quickly pressing her hand against her head in the hopes it would quieten things down. When she was ready she gave Frank a shy nod. "EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Frank yelled. Sirius and everyone else who was talking at the time stopped what they were doing and looked over at Frank.

"You can un-uncover your e-ears no-now." Peter told Angelica, tapping on her shoulder. The redhead slowly removed her hands from her ears. 

"Let James and Angelica explain would ya? They'll have a reason. Just hear them out." Frank said. 

"Thanks Frankie." Angelica mumbled to him. 

"Well go on, explain." Sirius said, in a pissed off tone.

"Well it all started off with me wanting to see how long it'd take until someone noticed." James started. "Peter was the first to find out, that's Why he was acting strange." James explained. 

"But then we still realized that we weren't ready to tell anyone yet so we made him promise not to tell anyone." Angelica carried on.

"Until two days ago when we decided we'd tell someone, other than Peter-" 

"It was us, you were going to tell us right?" Sirius cut in. Remus, who stood next to Sirius, hit him over the back of the head. 

"Anyway, we were going to tell Alice and Frank first, that's actually what we were about to do. When you two idiot's come running over and told them before we got the chance." James said as he finished explaining. 

"You know what, I'm proud of you guys." Frank told the couple, making them both smile. 

"Yeah me too." Alice said, giving Angelica a hug which she gladly returned. 

"Me too." Remus said, "I told you to wait, Padfoot, but no, you need to be the first to know not Peter." Remus muttered under his breath. 

"Now that that's over with. Can we enjoy the rest of are break in peace?"

[A/n - not gonna lie, this chapter was based of what happened at my house at Christmas last year but instead of finding out my cousin was dating someone, I found out they had been broken up with👍]