CHAPTER 24

November 28th 1977

November 28th 1977

Angelica sat in the Ravenclaw common room early in the morning. There was snow falling but it was hard to tell while the sky was still dark. The fire burned slowly in front of the redhead, the heat keeping her warm as the flames danced in the fireplace. She sat on a blue velvet chair, curled up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea placed next to her. She tried to consertar on the book she was reading but she couldn’t help but worry about Remus. That night was the fall moon. She found out in her first year about Remus' furry little problem but that didn’t change anything for her, he was still the same sweet boy she met on the train. A knock at the common room door pulled Angelica away from her thoughts. Her head snapped over to the door confused.

“I swear if Lockheart can’t find the answer to the riddle, I’m making him change houses.” She said to herself, closing her book before making her way over to the door. “Am I even allowed to do that?” She questioned herself before shrugging it off. She carefully opened the door, hoping she wouldn’t wake anyone, when her eye’s landed on a bloody James Potter. A gasp left her lips.

“Hi.” he said softly, seeing the look on her face.

“Oh my Gryffindor, James, what happened?” The girl asked. James could hear the worry in her voice.

“It’s a long story.” He explained.

“Come on, let’s get you cleaned up.” Angelica said, giving the boy a small smile as she grabbed his hand and led him over to the chair she sat in. “You sit here. I’ll be back in just a tic.” She told him. James nodded and watched as the redhead left the room only to soon enter again with a cloth, water and what looked to be some chocolate frogs. She walked back over, kneeling down in front of him. She placed her stuff down on the coffee table next to her before carefully taking off his glasses. “So are you going to tell me what happened?” She asked. James sighed.

“I don’t think I can.” he said, trying to hide his friend's secret. 

“Does this have something to do with Remus’ little problem?” She asked just about a whisper, as she put the cloth into the cauldron filled with water. James' eyes looked up, seeing the orange glow from the fire sitting on her face. 

“How did you know?” he asked. Angelica’s eyes met his as a soft smile started to form on her lips.

“James, i’ve known about it since 1st year.” She explained. “And yes he does know that I know. But that still doesn’t answer my question about how this happened.” She said. Angelica gently cupped James’ face with one of her hands while the other held a wet cloth as she carefully dapped on the cut on his forehead.

“Oww.” James hissed quietly. Angelica frowned.

“Sorry.” She muttered.

“I think Remus would kill me if I told you the reason why my face looks like this.” James told her. Angelica gave him a questionable look.