CHAPTER 10

September 27th 1977

September 27th 1977

Angelica sat in Herbology, the rain rawed loudly as droplets of water hit the greenhouse windows. The air felt cold and the sky was dark grey. James had been let out of the Hospital Wing the day before and now was sitting next to her. Angelica rested her head on her hand, her eyes looked blankly at the wall behind Professor Sprout. She couldn't help but worry about her father and wished to be by her side. James was taking note of how the redhead was acting, but yet whenever he asked she'd just reply with, 'I'm just tired.' but James knew that wasn't true.

"Angie are you sure you alright, love?" James asked worriedly, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. Angelica lifted her head from her hand and looked at James, she just gave him a small smile. "You're obviously not okay love, don't try to hide it." James whispered. He looked as if he was to say more but he was cut off from the headmaster, Professor Dumbledor, and Professor McGongall walking into their classroom. Dumbledor walked over to professor Sprout and whispered something to her. Professor Sprout looked over to where James and Angelica sat.

"Miss Rogers, Professor Dumbledor would like to speak with you." Professor Sprout spoke. Angelica took a shaky breath, nodding. She quickly grabbed her staff before heading out the door with Professor Dumbledor and Mcgonagall. James watched as she left the room before turning to Alice who sat across the room, giving her a confused look.

Once Angelica had made it to Dumbledore's office, he told her to take a seat.

"Miss Rogers, I'm here to talk about the news of your father." Dumbledor told her, "Your mother has sent me a letter, asking if it was possible for you to see him and I agreed. Professor Mcgonagall here will take you tomorrow. The doctors still don't know what's wrong but they don't think he has long to live. I'm sorry Miss Rogers." Angelica looked down at her hands, to try and hide the tears in her eyes. She felt a hand being placed on her shoulder.

"Why don't you go pack dear, you can have the rest of the day off classes." Mcgonagall voice was heard. Angelica nodded.

"Thank you, Professors." Angelica said quietly before quickly making her way out of Dumbledor's office. She quietly made her way down the hallway, her head down and she held her book bag close to her chest. Tears made her way down her face, she couldn't take it anymore. She pushed her back against the wall of an empty hallway, sliding down and being her knees to her chest. She sat there alone, listening to the sound of her own sobs. The longer she sat alone, the more she began to panic about her father.

"Oh Merlin! Angelica!" She heard Alice's voice yell before the sound of running footsteps came over.

"Angie, you need to breathe." James' voice joined in. "Deep breaths." He told her, taking her hand and placing it over his heart. "I want you to try and match my heartbeat, alright? Just take deep breaths. In your own time I want you to think of 5 things you can see." Angelica did as James said, taking deep breaths and trying to match her heartbeat with his.

"How did you get her so calm so quickly?" Alice asked.

"Remus has a lot of panic attacks, I'm used to doing this for him." James told her, not taking his eyes off Angelica. "You got the 5 things?" Angelica nodded, letting out a shaky breath. "Now think of 4 things you can hear."

"3 things you can feel." James added after a while.

"2 things you can smell."

"And 1 thing you can taste." by then Angelica was completely calm. Her breathing was finally matching James'. "Now would you like to tell us what's wrong?" James asked. Angelica took a deep breath before saying,

"It's my dad." James was confused, but Alice knew what she was talking about. Alice's face dropped in shock.

"Oh Angie, I'm so sorry." Angelica could tell that James was confused so she reached inside her book bag and grabbed the letter she got while he was in the hospital wing. Once James' had read it, his face dropped as well.

"Mcgonagall is taking me to go see him, the doctors don't think that he has long to live." Angie told them, "I don't know who long I'll be gone for, or even if my Dad's gonna be there by the time I arrive."

"I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that everything is going to be okay, Angie, but you need to believe and hope that he'll be okay." James told her.

"Miss Rogers." Mcgonagall's voice was heard again. "Professor Dumbledor would like to ask if you would like a friend to come for emotional support." Alice looked over at James, giving him a nod, letting him know that it was okay if he wanted to go.

"Who do you want to go with you Angie?" Alice asked.

"I- i don't know." She stuttered.

"Why doesn't James go with you?" Alice said, "Just in case you have more panic attacks, he knows more about what he's doing than I do and I'll stay here and look after your cat if you'd like." Angelica thought about it for a moment. She looked over at James and looked at the comforting look he was giving her. It made her feel safe and loved. Angelica nodded.

"Yeah, yeah okay. James would you like to come?" She asked, James gave her a soft smile.

"I'd be honored."