CHAPTER 18

October 30th 1977

October 30th 1977

"Come one Angie! You promised James you'd watch his game!" Alice yelled at the sleeping Ravenclaw. Angelica's eyes opened quickly as she sat up in her bed.

"How did you even get in here?!" She yelled at the Gryffindor. Alice looked over her shoulder at Angelica's dorm mate that sat reading on her bed. The girl with brown hair looked up from her book and sent a guilty look over to the redhead.

"Sorry Angie. I didn't know she was going to yell." Chloe explained. Angelica rolled her eyes.

"It's Alice, Chloe. She's always yelling."

"THAT IS NOT TRUE!"

"You're just proving my point Alice."

"I realized that... but come one we're going to be late!" Alice kept yelling. She left the room and waited down stairs for the redhead to finish getting ready. She looked around the blue room, she watched as the candles floated in the air and she listened to the sound of a muggle record player playing in the background. She saw the orange flames burn in the fireplace from the corner of her eye. Alice thought that the Gryffindor common room was beautiful but every time she came close to the Ravenclaw one, she became almost jealous.

"Alright, I'm ready." Angelica said, pulling Alice away from her thoughts. "Do was have enough time to go get breakf-"

"No. No we don't." Alice told her. Angelica frowned. "But you know that Remus always carries food on him and I'm sure that Frank stopped by the kitchen before and got you some coffee." Angelica's frow turned into a smile at the sound of coffee.

"Frank is lucky to have you." Angelica said as they walked out of the common room. The two quickly made their way down to the Quidditch pitch. The air was starting to get colder making their check turn pink. Angelica and Alice both looked around trying to find their other friends.

"Finally!" Frank's voice called out, making the two girls turn around.

"The game's about to start!" Remus added, "Where were you guys?" He asked. Alice glared over at the redhead standing next to her as she grabbed the coffee from Frank's hands.

"Someone wasn't even awake!" Alice yelled.

"You're still proving my point with the yelling thing." Angelica muttered, taking a sip of her coffee. Alice and Frank soon started talking to each other as they waited for the game to start, leaving Angelica and Remus to talk to each other.

"Soooo, you told James that my birthday was yesterday?" Angelica questioned the Gryffindor boy.

"As a matter of fact, I did." Remus explained, "And I don't regret it at all." He told her. Angelica's face filled with confusion as she waited for the boy to carry on. "I saw the look on your face when James' hand you your gift. Your smile brightened and the tired look on your face disappeared. When you guys came back from Hogsmead last time James looked as happy. He was all smiley and he was blushing, I don't think it was just because he was drunk." Remus continued. Angelica felt her face heating up. "You wanna know why?" Remus smirked. Angelica nodded. "Because he likes you." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at the redhead.

"You sound just like Alice." Angelica told him.

"And Alice is right! He really does! Can't you tell?" Remus asked. Angelica shook her head.

"Of course she can't Remus." Alice said, joining the conversation, "She's blind when it comes to love." She smirked. Angelica rolled her eyes.

"Stay out of this Alice. You already got your love life sorted out." Angelica told her too. She watched Alice turn back to her conversation with Frank, leaving them in peace, until the game was set to start. "Oh come on, don't give me that look Remus." Angelica said, frowning.

"I'm going to ask you two question," Remus started, "Do you or do you not fancy James?" He asked. Angelica bit her lip as she looked down at her hands. Remus watched as he awaited his answer. Angelica thought about it for a moment, all the happy memories with him swinging around in her mind, all the time he was there to put a smile on her face when she never thought she'd smile again. She looked back up at the tall boy in front of her. She nodded.

"I do." She told him. He gave her a small smile.

"Then why haven't you done anything about it." Remus asked his second question.

"I don't know." She explained, "Because I'm scared?"