CHAPTER 34

January 2nd 1978

January 2nd 1978

It was time for both muggle and magical students to go back to school and that's how James and Angelica spent most of their day. They finished packing and made their way back to school. Angelica sat with James' head in her lap as his golden snitch floated over his face. She ran a hand through his messy hair while she watched everything moving quickly outside. Angelica frowned her eyebrows in confusion as she saw what looked like a cloud of black smoke raise closer and closer to the train.

"What's wrong, my love?" James asked, sitting up straight. He looked out the window to see what she was staring at. His face dropped, fear was the only thing it showed. He quickly moved, reaching up to his bag from over the head of his seat. Angelica watched her boyfriend as he looked through his staff. James grabbed his cloak that she always kept on him and gave it to Angelica. "You need to put that on and don't take it off until I say so." James explained to her. Before Angelica could get a word out, James was already covering her with the cloak and within seconds she had disappeared but she could still see him.

"James what is going on? What was that outside-?" Angelica tried to question but James cut her off by waving his hand and shushing her from the corner that she sat in.

"Shhh, darling, please. I'll explain everything when I get back, I just need you to be quiet until I come back." James told her. Even though James couldn't see it, Angelica nodded. "I'll be right back, my love." James said, "I just need to warn the driver." James walked over to the compartment door, opening it slowly as he looked left to right in the train hall. James looked back at the corner where his girlfriend sat under his cloak. "Remember, stay covered."

"Be careful." Angelica whispered, as she watched James close the door behind him. She wondered what was going on, what was that cloud of black smoke coming towards the train, why did she need to stay under this cloak, there were so many questions that she wanted to ask but with no time to do so. As Angelica sat hidden under the cloak, James went to the front of the train to warn the driver what was going on.

"Sorry young man, you're not allowed in here." The train driver said. James opened his mouth to speak but as soon as the words wanted to leave his mouth, the train stopped on its own and the lights started to flicker on and off slowly.

"Something got on the train." James told him, The driver raised an eyebrow at the boy. "More like someone, a group of people." James added.

"How? Who?" Was all the old driver asked.

"I don't know how but I think it's his followers." James told him.

"His followers? You don't mean-"

"The dark lord, yes." James said, cutting him off. The train driver nodded, grabbing his wand.

"I'll warn the trolley witch, you're head boy right?" he asked, James nodded. "Good, now I want you to go and warn as many people as you can and also tell the headmaster." James nodded again as the two made their way out. James went to as many compartments as he could, following the driver's word, seeing many fear filled students and the tears that they wanted to cry. James tried telling the younger children that everything was going to be all right and that he wanted them to go and find other older students, ones that could do magic outside of school and to stay with them. As James made his way to different compartments he saw a boy sitting all by himself, a boy that he knew all too well.

"Lance?" James questioned as he opened the door. The sound of sob filled his ear. Lance lifted his head and sighed in relief when he saw who stood in front of him.

"James!" He said, running over to the taller boy. Lance wrapped his arms around James' waist and cried into his chest. "What's going on? What's happening?" Lance asked, through sobs.

"Shh, it'll be alright. I need you to come with me." James explained. Lance didn't question a thing, he just nodded and gladly followed James into another compartment.

"Lance? James? what 's going on? Why did the train stop?" Angelica asked, removing the cloak from her head.

"People have gotten on the train, bad people." James explained to her. "Lance, go sit next to Angelica and hide under the cloak." James told it, like last time Lance didn't question it he just did what he was told. "Do you have parchment in your bag?" James asked Angelica. She nodded.

"Why do you need it? How is it going to help?" Angelica questioned worryingly.

"Well, it's not really going to help us personally but i just know that it's going to help every other Muggle born on this train." James replied, looking through his girlfriend's bag for a piece of parchment.

"What do you mean? Who are these people?" Angelica kept questioning.

"Those people are called Death Eaters, they work for the most dark and powerful wizard of all time. The driver told me to write to Dumbledor." James explained to her. "You remember what i said happened to your father?" Angelica nodded slowly. "The person who did that, was either the dark wizard himself or one of his followers." James told her. "He's trying to kill every muggle born and muggle that he can until the world is taken over by the wizarding world."

"That's why you want-"

"Want you to be hidden, yes." James said cutting her off. A tear rolled down his cheek. "I don't want them getting to you or anyone else from your family." He explained.

"I love you James."

"I love you too Angie." James told her, "These are dark times we live in."