CHAPTER 35

TRIGGER  WARNING! ⚠: mention of blood,  being tortured. 

If you are uncomfortable with these type of thing,  you have been warned,  read at your own risk 

January 2nd 1978

January 2nd 1978

James had sent the letter to Dumbledor explaining everything that has happened and to send help. The train hadn't moved in almost an hour and everyone that was stuck on the train began to grow more and more worried. Angelica and Lance had come out from under James' cloak but Lance revised to move from the redhead side out of fear. James sat close to the compartment door, his wand held tightly in his hand ready to hex the next person who walked through the door. It was quiet. That was until the sound of someone screaming came from a different compartment.

"Don't move." James whispered to the two sitting in the corner. Angelica nodded slowly, as she held onto Lance tightly. James quietly stood up from his spot and looked out of the small window on the compartment door. His eyes filled with more fear as he remembered that girl with crazy black hair. She stood in the hallway, her wand pointed at what looked like to be a girl in her 5th year at Hogwarts, she had a smirk on her face as James watched her mouth the words 'Crucio' followed by another scream from the student. James remembered her. Sirius had told him all about her. It was Sirius' cousin, Bellatrix Black now known as Bellatrix Lestrange, wife to .

"James? What's wrong?" Angelica asked, worryingly at the boy. James didn't say anything he just kept looking out the small window, his heart beating quickly out of fear.

"Dumbeldor, hurry up." James mumbled, gripping his wand tighter in his hand. He watched Bellatrix carefully, she'd left the girl alone but she was still standing in the same spot, smirking as she ran her wand along her jawline. Bellatrix slowly turned her head and looked over to James' compartment, their eyes locked. "Shit, shit, shit, shit." James said as he started to step back away from the door.

"What's going on? What happened?" Angelica asked, standing up next to James. She pushed Lance behind her, the small boy held onto the back of her leg, tears falling from his eyes. The redhead held up her wand and pointed at the compartment door, James' doing the same. The two watched the compartment door open and showed Bellatrix Lestrange standing in front of them.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here." She said, in a quiet but evil sounding voice. She started to slowly walk closer to them, her heels clicking on the ground. "Well aren't you just a beauty." She said, running a dagger along Angelica's jaw.

"Don't touch her." James snapped, pointing his wand at her. Bellatrix laughed at James, pushing away his wand with the dagger.

"Is this your boyfriend, red?" Bella asked. Angelica just stayed quiet, in fear that if she said something everything would go wrong. She just chuckled evilly. James watched as her eye traveled down to Lance, who still hid behind Angelica. "And who might you be?" She asked. Lance just stayed quiet, holding onto Angelica tighter. While Bellatrix had her eyes on Lance, both Angelica and James had noticed someone else standing in the doorway. He was a scary looking man, but James just couldn't put a name to his face.

"What do you want?" James asked. Bellatrix looked back over at the tall Gryffindor boy, but she didn't answer him.

"Greyback, hold these two." Bellatrix said, talking to the man in the doorway. That's how James remembered him. He was Remus Boggart in 3rd year, he was the man who made one of his best friend's childhood a living nightmare. "This one's special to them," She added, pointing her dagger at Angelica again, "I want them to watch her suffer."

"No! Please, not her!" James yelled has Greyback held his back. Lance's cries got louder as he watched James try and fight against the older man. "Please! Not her! Take me, take-"

"QUIET!" Bellatrix snapped. James felt a wand being held to his throat, so he did as she said. "Now, drop your wands. All of you." James and Angelica both dropped their wand to the ground quickly.

"Lance, honey, drop your wand." Angelica said, calmly. The redhead's eyes were glued on the dagger that was pointed to her chest. Lance listened to Angelica and dropped his wand next to James'.

"I know who you are." Bellatrix said, as she walked in circles around the redhead. "We have eyes inside the castle. You're head girl aren't you? A filthy mudblood-"

"Don't call her that-!"

"I SAID QUIET!" Bellatrix snapped as James again, turning back to Angelica. "You nothing more than a pretty face aren't you?" Bellatrix said, frowning her lips following it with an evil laugh. "Crucio!" The young witch yelled, pointing her wand at the redhead in front of her. Angelica let out a blood curdling scream as she fell to the ground in pain. The rest of the people standing in the compartment didn't move, they just watched the young girl scream out in pain.

"NOOOOO!" Lance cried out, trying to run forward. James grabbed his arm before Gryback could, he held the first year close to him.

"Crucio!" Angelica continued to cry out in pain on the floor. James wanted to scream out for her to stop but he felt the wand that Greyback held in his hand press against his neck harder. He knew if he said a word she was only going to get hurt more. Bellatrix put her wand down, Angelica's sobs replaced her screams that once filled the train compartment. "I'm not done just yet, darling." Bella told her, grabbing her dagger once again. The crazy witch held onto Angelica's arm, holding it out.

"No, please, no." Angelica pleaded quietly, through her sobs. Without another thought Bellatrix started to press the blade against Angelica's skin. She started near her collarbone thick, red blood leaving a line where the dagger once was. Angelica bit her lip as she felt the blade move up to her shoulder and down her arm. When Bellatrix had gotten to her forearm she brought her head down closer to her left arm and slowly carved out the words 'Filthy little mudblood' into her skin.

"ENOUGH!" a voice yelled. Dumbeldor stood behind Greyback. Out of fear Bellatrix moved away from Angelica, Greyback letting go of the two boys, they turned to the same cloud of black smoke that was outside of the train only hours ago and disappeared. James picked up his wand as he fell down on his knees next to Angelica. "Out of the way Mr Fisher." Dumbeldor said, as he quickly made his way to where the young girl laid on the floor.

"You're alright. You're alright. I got you. You're going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay." James said quickly, as he pulled her into his arms. Angelica didn't say a word she just started crying the tears that she had thought she'd run out of as she struggled against James' arms.

"It's alright Mr Potter, she's just in shock and in a lot of pain. We need to take her to Madam Pomfrey." Dumbeldor explained, "Grab my arm, we're going there now."

"W-what about Lance? What about our stuff?" James questioned.

"That's already been taken care of." Dumbeldor said. James had finally noticed that both his and Angelica's stuff was gone. "Mr Fisher can come if you want."

"Lance, come on." James said before they disapparated to Hogwarts.

[A/n - i feel so bad for actual writing this...]