CHAPTER 4

September 7th 1977

September 7th 1977

It was the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. The wind blew cold wind around, softly hitting people in the face as they walked to the carriages. Angelica walked with Alice and Frank, she wore a Ravenclaw sweater, black jeans and knee high brown boots. She wore her hair up in a messy bun, her wand pointing out of it. She waved goodbye to Alice and Frank as they went to go and have their own little date. Angelica sighed to herself as she realized she was now alone, with know one to talk to.

James, Sirius, Peter and Remus walked not that far behind her. Remus took notice to the lonely red haired, elbowing James in the arm. James gave his friend a confused look. He watched as Remus nodded his head over at Angelica as he mouthed,

"Go talk to her." James shook his head.

"No! Are You crazy?!" James mouthed back to the hope that Sirius wouldn't hear him. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Hey James can I talk to you for a minute?" Remus asked aloud, through his teeth. "Alone." He added on. Sirius and Peter looked confused before saying a quick goodbye before heading inside the three broomsticks, to grab some butterbeer.

"What?" James asked.

"James Fleamont Potter! Get your ass over there and talk to her. She is all by herself, go and be a gentleman." Remus said, grabbing him by the shoulder. James thought about it for the moment before nodding.

"But what do I say?" He asked.

"Just be yourself." Remus said pushing him over to the redhead girl who still stood by herself. James looked back at Remus one last time, flipping him off as he did so. He slowly walked over to Angelica, he could feel his nervousness growing inside himself.

'You got this James. You can do this. You've talked to her before. Stupid Moony, making me do this.' James thought to himself.

"Hey Angelica." James said, stopping as he reached the girl. She turned around and looked up at the tall Gryffindor boy. She smiled at him.

"Hi-hi James." She replied, rubbing her arms as the wind started to get colder. James noticed, taking off his Gryffindor quidditch sweater that he was wearing.

"Here." He said, handing her the red and yellow sweater. Her face grew red and smiled.

"Thanks," She said, taking the sweater, "but won't you be cold?" She asked. He shook his head.

"No, don't worry about it." James said, "Alice and Frank leave you?" She nodded.

"Yeah. my other friends aren't here so I'm on my own." Angelica told him.

"Well I could hang out with you." James recommended. Angelica nodded, blushing.

"That would be nice. But what about your friends?"

"Don't worry about them, Sirius will probably get too drunk to even notice I'm gone." James laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. Angelica giggled.

"Well then, where do you want to go?" She asked.

"Come with me." James said when he thought of a plan. He grabbed the girls hand and started leading her somewhere, making the girl confused. She had a questioning look on her face but didn't say anything. James led her to this small, old shop that looks like it hadn't been opened in years. The store had an oak wooden door and broken windows. The roof looked uneven and the paint was cracking off.

"What is this place?" Angelica asked looking at the small place.

"I found this place in our 3rd year, it hasn't been opened in years." James told her, "I must have been an old shop from years ago but I can't think of what they would sell. Not even Sirius or Remus know about this place. I just like to come here sometimes at Christmas when everyone has gone home or sneak here at night."

"So I'm the only one who knows about it?" Angelica asked. He nodded. "Wow."

"There's food and other stuff inside, just so I don't get hungry or cold." James added. He started walking over to the front door, but Angelica stayed put. He turned and smiled at her. "Well, are you coming?" He asked. Angelica blushed, nodding quickly before hurrying after him. When the two walked inside, Angelica's breath was taken away. Inside there were candles that floated magical in one spot, a couch that looked old but on top sat a fluffy red blanket. There was a table with glasses that looked like they were from the three broomsticks and chocolate frog cards sitting on top of a coffee table.

"It's not much, but it's like my safe place." James said. Angelica smiled, looking over at James.

"This place is amazing."