CHAPTER 41 [+ A/n]

January 8th 1978

January 8th 1978

Remus and Angelica had spent the rest of the day at Hogsmeade. They went to Honeydukes, the three broomsticks, the lot. They came back late when everyone was at dinner. Remus let her come back to the Gryffindor common room, not wanting her to be alone in the Ravenclaw tower. So the duo sat in front of the warm, bright fire, sitting in silence as they listened to the soft crackling noise. 

"Today was fun." Remus suddenly spoke up. Angelica felt a smile form on her face.

"Yeah, it was." She responded.

"We should do it more often." 

"Yeah, we should."

Silence fell over the two of them again. Angelica let out a quiet yawned as she pulled her knees to her chest. Her eyes followed the movement of the flames as they danced in the fireplace. Remus sat in one of the leather chairs, his back leaning on one of the armrests while his legs hung over the other. His arms were crossed over his chest and his head rested on the head rest. They continued to sit in the comfortable silences until the portrait slammed open, loud and heavy footsteps followed. 

"Where could they- I found them." Sirius' voice said from behind them. Both Remus and Angelica moved their heads, making eye contact with the Pure-blood wizard. Remus cut his gaze short, turning his head back to the fireplace. 

"Where have you two been?" James asked, taking a seat next to the redhead girl. Angelica moved her legs, letting them hang off the edge. James laid on his back resting his head on her lap. 

"Why didn't you just check the map?" Remus asked, not taking his gaze away from the fire. 

"We couldn't find it." Sirius said simply. Remus rolled his eyes.

"Did you check your quidditch bag?" He asked again. Angelica saw Sirius shake his head 'no'.

"No, I didn't." 

"Well, if you couldn't find it, it must've been in there." Remus said in a sarcastic tone. Angelica knew that he was still upset about the whole Sirius and Marlene thing so she didn't blame him. There was a moment a silence between the twos bickering, Sirius must have noticed that Remus was mad at him because he hung his head in sadness before walking over to the staircase. 

"I'm… gonna go to bed." He said, "Night guys." 

"Night." Peter and James mumbled.

"Goodnight Sirius." Angelica said. Sirius gave her a small smile. He waited for a moment, seeing if he would get a reply out of Remus but there was nothing. 

"You okay Moons?" James asked, looking at his friend with a concerned look on his face. Remus nodded his head lightly.

"Just peachy," He replied. He paused for a moment before continuing, "I'm gonna… take a walk." He told them, standing up from his seat, "see you guys later."

Remus left before he could get a word out of his friends. Angelica and James both looked over at Peter who was slowly backing away to the staircase.

"I'm not even going to make up an excuse for why I'm leaving." Peter told them, "I just feel really awkward."

Peter walked up to the boys dormitory after saying a quick goodbye to the couple. James sighed and relaxed when he felt Angelica run her fingers through his messy hair. He closed his eyes as he felt like falling asleep at her soft touch.

"You know I love you right?" He questioned, opening one eye. Angelica looked at him. She smiled, leaning  forward to place a gentle kiss on his forehead. 

"Only if you know that I love you too." She whispered. 

"Always." He said. He reached up from behind his head, holding onto Angie's free hand. He pulled it to his face, giving the back of her hand a kiss. 

"Always."

[A/n - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES POTTER!🥳🥳❤❤ and also a happy birthday to my dear friend I_am_GROOT101]