CHAPTER 12

September 29th 1977

September 29th 1977

The Rogers family and James sat circled around Aaron's bed in the hospital. It was very early in the morning and surprisingly the nurses let them stay the night. James sat awake while everyone else laid asleep in the uncomfortable chairs. Angelica's head rested on his shoulder as she breathed softly in her sleep. He felt bad for her, so much had happened to her this school year and it wasn't even October yet. James glanced over at the sleeping redhead next to him and smiled a little. He placed a soft kiss of the top of her head hoping it wouldn't wake her. 

"You like her don't you?" Alexander's voice whispered as he tried not to wake the rest of his family. James looked over at Angelica's older brother who sat next to his sleeping fiance. Blush came over James' face. "There's no point in lying," Alex told him, "I've been watching the way you look at her, that's not just a look you give to a friend." He added. James smiled, looking down in his lap.

"You father said the same thing." James told him, "is it that easy to tell?" James asked. Alexander nodded. 

"To me, yes I can read people like a book. To Angelica, not so much. She may be smart but she's bad at reading human emotions." Alex told James, "and hey, if my old man's cool with it, so am I." 

"Thanks mate." James replied, looking back over at Angelica.

"You too would be a good couple." Alex said, "You actually remind me of Mum and Dad when they were younger." 

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. Ange's really like mum. She's quite, nice, always there for you, a great listener, good at advice. And from what I've seen out of you in the past day and a pit, you remind me of dad. Your style gives off a little trouble maker vibe, but your personality also makes you a really good person who cares for others." Alex told him, making James smile. "But you listen here Potter, you hurt my baby sister I'll make sure you regret the day you were born." Alex added. 

"Noted." James said, in a little shock. "Trust me, I've said this once and I'll say it a million times if I have to. I wouldn't freM of hurting Angelica, she means so much to me." James explained. 

"Good." Alexander replied.

"I understand that you two maybe having a heartwarming moment, but some of us are tired and would like to sleep." Alex's fiancee, Charlotte, mumbled quietly as she tried to go back to sleep.

"Sorry babe." Alex apologized. 

"Sorry Charlotte." 

"It's fine." She said, "just the both of you, go back to sleep." She told them. James nodded sleepily, even though he knew she couldn't see him. James closed his eyes again, trying to forget about the soft orange glow that had started filling the hospital room. He rested his head on top of Angelica's, wrapping an arm behind her as he started falling back to sleep.

[A/n - yes I understand this chapter is shorter then my other ones. I'm just going through some shit right now. I just wanted to post something and this is what you get.👍]