CHAPTER 21

November 9th 1977

November 9th 1977

Angelica was right. James got in big trouble. As well as Sirius and sadly Lance, but not as much as the other two. They were given detention by Professor Slughorn for a month, Lance only getting half of that. Tonight was they're second night of detention, Slughorn had a last minute staff meeting and had asked Angelica if she could watch them. He'd told her they'd be cleaning the many, many, MANY trophy cases. When it was time Angelica grabbed her wand and some books so she wouldn't get bored, which she knew she wouldn't, and made her way to where Slughorn told her to meet. She opened the classroom door to see all three boys sitting at a desk, waiting. She smirked.

"Hello boys." She said. All three turned to look over her way. They all had confused looks on their faces.

"Come to laugh at use, have you?" Sirius asked the redhead. She shook her head. "Then why are you here?"

"Professor Slughorn asked for me to wait for you three," She explained, "So say hello to your 'Professor' for the next... how long it takes for you to clean every trophy case." She told them. Angelica watched as their jaws dropped in shock.

"Every trophy case?!" James yelled. She just nodded. "That's gonna take all night! We have classes tomorrow." James cried.

"I told you I wasn't going to help you get out of trouble! Now let's go, you guys have cleaning to do." Angelica said. She walked out of the classroom, the three boys following behind her. Once they had made it to the hallway to cases where she took a seat to the side. Lance raised his hand, ready to ask a question. "Yes Lance?" She asked.

"Can we use magic?" He asked, in a sweet voice. Angelica frowned.

"Sorry Lance, Professor Slughorn told me that you're not allowed." Angelica told him. Lance nodded sadly and started joining James and Sirius with a cleaning. As time went by Angelica would stay, keeping an eye on the boys, and from time to time laughing at Sirius when he would miss his footing and fall over.

"You're pure evil Rogers." Sirius would reply with, when she did so. Angelica would smirk and roll her eyes. When it got to 11pm, the boys looked to be halfway done.

"Can we stop now Angie?!" James yelled from the top of the ladder, while he cleaned another trophy. Angelica looked down at her watch before replying.

"Come on, one more hour and you'll be finished." She told them.

"Sirius is right, you're pure evil behind that pretty face." James said.

"You're gonna like me more when I do this!" Angelica told him before turning to where she saw Lance cleaning. "Hey Lance! Slughorn says you can go now." She told him. Lance's face lit up while both Sirius and James' dropped.

"Yes!" "NOOO!" all boys yelled. Lance smiled and ran over to Angelica giving her a quick hug.

"Take this." She told him, handing him a small piece of old paper, "This will stop you from getting in more trouble if a teacher finds you on your way back to your common room." She explained. Lance nodded, taking the piece of paper before mumbling a quick 'goodbye'. Sirius and James still stood, jaws dropped.

"How-?"

"Why does he get to leave so early?!" Sirius yelled.

"Not my fault Slughorn feels bad for him. It's also not my fault that Slughorn knows your past when it comes to pranks."

"But- but- but- that's UNFAIR!" James said.

"Well now I guess it is a bad time to tell you two that your detention ended at the same time as Lance..." Angelica told them. Once again, the boy's faces dropped.

"You've got to be bloody joking." Sirius said, climbing down his ladder. Angelica shrugged.

"I could be, but I'm not." Angelica told them, "Anyway, have a good rest of you night boys!" She yelled before running away to her common room.

"I'm gonna get you back for this Rogers!" Sirius yelled, followed by a laugh, from James. "Just you wait!"

[A/n - Sorry this is really short!]