CHAPTER 6

September 13th 1977

September 13th 1977

It was almost the end of the day. The air was getting colder and the sun was starting to set. Students did their homework, talking to friends or were stuck in detention. Angelica however sat by herself in her normal spot in the library, finishing homework that she hadn't done yet. She sighed to herself as she moved some of her hair behind her ear as it fell into her face.

"One scroll done, three to go." She said to herself, grabbing more parchment. As Angelica sat alone, she felt eyes watching her. She tried to shrug it off as nothing but a cat, but couldn't keep thinking about it. The eyes felt like they were burning a hole a in the back of her head. She was too scared to look behind her. But the moment she heard footsteps come closer to her, her heart started racing faster and faster.

"Hello Angie." She heard an too familiar voice say as she felt a hand being placed on top of her shoulder. Fear filled her eyes, she did dare turn around.

"Chad..." She mumbled, when she heard her ex-boyfriend sit down in the chair next to her.

"How are you doing, beautiful? Did you miss me?" Chad whispered, smirking at the scared redhead. Angelica felt tears slowly form in her eyes. She didn't answer his question, too scared to even speak. "I asked you a question, doll face." Chad said, in a warning tone. Angelica shook her head. "No?" He questioned, "You didn't miss me? Well that a shame, maybe you should think about that answer again." Angelica saw Chad grab his wand from his pocket. She hopped and hopped that someone, anyone would help her. Angelica's eyes landed on a tall boy, who wore Gryffindor robes. His hair was messy and his glasses sat on his nose. It was James.

"James, please." She mouthed, hoping he would see her. "Help me."

"Come one doll face, let's go to the broom closet down the hall." Chad's voice was heard again. Angelica shock her head 'no'.

"No, no I don't want to." Angelica said softly. She felt the end of Chads wand hit her neck.

"I said, let's go."

"OI! SMITH!" James' voice yelled out as he walked closer. Chad and Angelica both looked over to where the sound was coming from. Angelica's voice filled with hope.

"What do you want, Potter?" Chad asked, glaring at him.

"Leave her alone." James warned. Chad rolled his eyes.

"No, I don't think I will." James grabbed Chad but the collar of his shirt, pulling him up to his eye level. He grabbed Chad wand from his hand, throwing it behind him.

"Okay Smith, here what's going to go down. You're going to leave my girlfriend alone before I crack one of you nuts, left or right that's your choice or I let you go with a black eye." James warned. Angelica eyes widened.

"Girlfriend?" She mumbled to herself, feeling her cheeks heat up at those words but to her they felt...... right.

"I don't know what you're talking about, last time I checked no one wanted to date this pathetic loser."

"Alright that's it." James said as he grabbed his wand from his robe pocket. He looked Chad dead in the eyes as he punched him in the nuts. Angelica watched as Chad fell to the ground. James looked down at Chad before over to Angelica. He held out his hand for her to take which she gladly accepted. They both quickly cleaned up Angelica's stuff before hurrying out of the library. Once they had left through the big wooden doors Angelica stopped, grabbing James by the hand.

"Thank you for saving me... again." Angelica giggled a little, but gave him a heart warming smile that made James' heart melt. "I really mean it. Chad he-he's not the best person I'd like to call an Ex."

"I don't think anyone wants to call someone their Ex." James chuckled, rubbing the back of his next. "Sorry if calling you my girlfriend made you uncomfortable, it was the first thing that came to mind." Angelica's face dropped a little but didn't let it show.

"It's okay." She reassured him. "Oh shot I missed dinner." James smiled as he thought of an idea. He took Angelica's hand, looking her in the eye.

"Come with me, we'll sneak into the kitchen." James said, leading her to the kitchen. Angelica gasped.

"No we can't do that! We'll get in trouble." Angelica said. James rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Don't worry yourself! I've done this loads of times, pulse, you've said it yourself, you only get in trouble if you get caught." James reminded him, giving her a small wink. Angelica's face grew with blush.

"Yeah... yeah I guess I did." James smiled.

"Then let's go."