CHAPTER 37

January 3rd 1978

January 3rd 1978

Angelica Rogers was allowed to stay the night in the hospital wing and now it was Sunday, no classes, no stress from homework, just a normal Sunday. Hopefully. When Angelica had woken up that morning she felt peace from the quietness of the hospital wing, until she got a jump scare from a very confused Peter Pettigrew who sat a few beds away from her. 

“Hi.” Peter said quietly. 

“Hi Peter.” Angelica replied, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes. Peter still looked at Angelica with a confused face.

“What are you doing here?” Peter questioned.

“It’s a long story, I’m sure James will explain it to you later.” Angelica told him, Peter just nodded.

“Oh, good, you’re both awake!” Madam Pomfrey said, waking into the room. “You are free to leave when you are ready.” She told the two. Both Peter and Angelica nodded, saying a quiet:

‘Thank you Madam Pomfrey.’ as she turned around again. When they were ready to leave they walked out of the hospital wing and started to make their way to the great hall for breakfast. Once the two had made it to the big oak doorway, the smell of food greeted their noises. 

“Why don’t you just eat at the Gryffindor table? You don’t want to be all alone at the Ravenclaw table, do you?” Peter asked nicely. “And i don’t think anyone will care because you’re not wearing your robes-”

“Okay, Peter, I’ll join you.” Angelica smiled, making Peter smile. The type of friendship that Angelica and Peter had created in the time her and James had been dating was different then most friendships. It took Peter a while to open up to Angelica and most of the time he’s still very shy around her. In Peter’s eyes he sees Angelica as the older sister he always wanted and in Angelica’s eyes she saw this quiet boy who was left behind. As the two took their time walking to the Gryffindor table Angelica had noticed Alice, Frank and all of their other friends' heads turning at the sight of them. 

"Bloody hell, Angie!" Alice said, holding the redhead in a tight hug, "you almost scared me half to death." She told her. 

"Actually  you had almost everyone in our year worried." Frank's voice spoke up. "Once Dumbledor explained everything that happened. I think I even saw a couple Slytherin sweat." 

"Hey Frank, could you get into our Dorm or is it just- Angie? Are you okay?" James started asking Frank a question but stopped when he noticed his redhead girlfriend standing there. 

"Hey sweetheart, I'm okay." Angelica said, taking James' hand into her own. "My arm hurts a little though."

"What were you saying James?" Frank asked.

"Oh, right! Have you been able to get into our dorm this morning? Because I can't." James asked. 

"Now that you mention it, no I haven't." Frank replied, "not for the last half an hour anyway." He added.

"Damn, I can't get in. I lift my wand next to my bed and I can't find Moony or Padfoot anywhere." 

"I could help you." Angelica butted in, "I was going to go there after breakfast because I need to get that book back that Remus borrowed." She explained. 

"Alright then."

After breakfast, James and Angelica made their way up to the Gryffindor tower Peter following slowly behind them. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" James asked his girlfriend worryingly. Angelica nodded. 

"Yeah, well I guess so." Angelica said, "I'm just glad. it wasn't you or Lance." She admitted, "but I feel sorry for you because you had to watch it happen to me." 

Once they had finally made it up the moving staircase, James said the password and the door started to open. Angelica walked into the Gryffindor common room, greeted with the warmth of the fireplace. It felt very warm and welcoming to her. 

"Alohomora." She said, pointing her wand at the door knob to James' dorm room. She heard the lock click meaning that it was open. Angelica reached out to grab the door knob, turning it. The door opened with a creaking noise, it was silent until you heard a loud noise hitting the floor of the bedroom. James raised an eyebrow, pushing open the door. 

"My eyes! My eyes!" Angelica yelled covering her eyes. 

"I knew it." James said. The loud noise that they had heard only moments ago was Remus getting pushed onto the ground by Sirius. "Put some clothes on." James said closing the door again. 

"Can I open my eyes now?" Angelica asked. James didn't say anything, he just moved her hands from over her eyes. "I wish I did have to see that. But honestly I'm not surprised." She said. 

"Yeah, I've had a feeling that they've been… whatever they are since Slughorn's dinner party." James said, Angelica nodded in agreement. 

"What did you need?" Sirius asked, opening up the door again. 

"Angie's book and my wand." James told him, "next time put a tie on the door or something please. I'm going to need to bleach my eyeballs now." 

"Not like you haven't walked in on that before." Sirius said.

"Yeah, but last time it wasn't my two best mates." James said, he stopped and looked at his bed. "Wait, did you have sex on my bed?!"