CHAPTER 36

January 2nd 1978

January 2nd 1978

Dumbledor and the three students had made it to Hogwarts. James' feet landed on the ground and his ears were finally met with the sound of his classmates talking but he wasn't worried about that, all he was worried about was Angelica. She had finally stopped struggling against him and now was just staring off into space as James noticed her breathing starting to get weaker and weaker.

"Get her inside, Mr Potter. Before anyone else sees her." Dumbledor said. James nodded, standing up with Angelica in his arms. He quickly makes his way into the Hospital wing, noticing other students looking at him with fear.

"I've told you Mr Pettigrew will be fine- Oh my Merlin! What happened to the poor girl?" Madam Pomfrey said as soon as she saw the very pale Angelica Rogers. "Quickly put her down! Put her down." She told James while she ran over to the closest bed. James listened and put her down on the bed closest to him.

"Oww." Angelica whined quietly as her body came in contact with the bed.

"Sorry darling." James apologized quickly.

"My arm." She said, weakly as her eyes drifted off to her bleeding arm.

"I know, it's okay, you'll be okay." James told her. Remus and Sirius who were originally sitting next to a sleeping Peter had made their way to they're friends. They both had worried looks on their faces as they looked down at the redhead.

"Oh my Godric Gryffindor..." Remus mumbled under his breath, a hand quickly flying up to cover his mouth. Tears started to form in his eyes. "Angie." Remus took as seat next to James helping him stop the blood that leaked from her arm.

"Prongs, what happened?" Sirius asked.

"Yes Mr Potter, what did happen?" Madam Pomfrey asked as she quickly made her way back to the bed.

"D-death Eaters," James stuttered, "they got on the train, they were looking through the compartments and..." James stopped as he tried to control his breath, "they attacked her."

"James, you're arm." Sirius said, noticing that the sleeve of his shirt had been ripped. James looked down at his arm before shrugging it off.

"There's more important things to deal with Padfoot." James said, "it's just a scratch."

"It doesn't look like "just a scratch" mate." Remus commented.

"Who was there Mr Potter?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback." James told them. "Bellatrix attacked Angelica and Greyback held onto me and Lance, making us- wait, where's Lance?!" James said, looking around for the young first year.

"I think I saw Mr Fisher go with Dumbledor." Madam Pomfrey said to James. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Now, when I'm done with Miss Rogers, Mr Potter i'll take a look at your arm." She explained.

Time felt like it was going slowly, but as time rolled along Madam Pomfrey had stopped Angelica bleeding but she couldn't stop the scar that was going to form on her forearm. The words 'Filthy little Mudblood' would follow the redhead wherever she went no matter what she was doing. Both Angelica and James along with everyone else that was on the train got a letter sent home to their families explaining what had happened. They were lucky it was just the two of them.

"Why were you guys in her anyway?" James asked, as he gently held his sleeping girlfriend's hand. He could hear a sigh leave from Remus.

"Padfoot thought it would be a good idea for Peter to ask out Mary. Of course he explained this whole plan on the way back to the common room, Wormtail got so nervous he fell off the stairs." Remus explained, James snapped his head at the werewolf before raising an eyebrow at Sirius who was trying hard not to laugh.

"You should've seen his face." Sirius mumbled, biting his lip as he kept trying to hold in his laughter.

"You guys are idiots."