Christmas at Hogwarts Part 1

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE.
Owing to the fact that quite a few members of the vault squad was staying at Hogwarts for the Christmas holidays this year, Rowan convinced Dani to hold a meeting at dinner on the first day of the holidays.

So that evening, Rowan said as she helped herself to some chicken from the now-much-less-noisy Gryffindor table, she asked, "So how was today?"

"Awesome," Charlie said with his mouth full of pasta. "We had a snowball fight."

"And I brewed some egg-nog with Tonks," said Penny.

"Why are we here even?" Merula muttered gloomily.

"Aren't you happy that we don't classes and homework and stuff like that?" asked Tonks.

"Hang on, the fifth-years don't have holiday homework?" Percy asked innocently.

"F*CK."

"Thanks for ruining everyone's holiday, man."

"Look, I came here to suggest we do something fun this holiday season, like... As a team building activity or something?"

"Boooooring..." yawned Merula.

"Well, I think it's a great idea," said Tonks.

"Let's have a vote," said Bill. "Who WANTS to do some activity?"

Everyone raised their hands except Merula.

"So what shall we play?" Penny asked excitedly.

"Actually, I don't know, what games do muggles play at Christmas?" asked Rowan.

"What about secret Santa?" asked Bill. "Dad's office does that every year, Dani would know."

"Oh, yeah!" exclaimed Dani.

"How do you play that?" asked Rowan.

"Dress up as Santa?" Tonks perked up.

"Pah, I'm out," Merula turned to leave for the Slytherin table.

Bill pulled her back into her seat. "If we DID have to dress up as Santa most of us would be out. So here's how the game works: we all draw names from a hat and have to get the person we draw a gift we think they'd like. The catch is, you can't let them know who you are."

"That sounds cool," said Rowan. "Let's do this."

"Oh, and can you add my parents' names as well?" asked Bill. "They're coming to visit, and I'm sure they'd want to play as well. I can send them an owl with the last two names."

"Are you sure Errol can make it in time?" asked Percy.

"I'll be using a school owl," said Bill.

Soon, Rowan had written all the slips and was passing the hat around to everyone. Dani pulled out a piece of parchment, passed the hat to Charlie, and unfolded the slip. She couldn't believe her eyes.

Merula