Take the OWLs Part 3

"Are you guys sure we should be doing this in the forbidden forest?"

"Well, what better place to come across dangerous creatures near us?" Charlie laughed as he trudged ahead of the group.

"It was all Charlie's idea," said Barnaby. He was walking next to Dani at the back of the group. "But that wasn't why I wanted you here."

"Then why?"

"I'm nervous," said Barnaby. "I don't always get good marks on tests, so what if I fail Care of Magical Creatures? What if I can't do NEWTs? What if I can't become a magizoologist?"

"What?! No way, Barnaby, there's no way you'll fail Care of Magical Creatures! How often does a streeler's shell change colour?" Liz asked.

"Once an hour!"

"And what animal do porlocks guard?"

"Horses!"

"What do bowtruckles eat?" Dani asked a question as well. (She forgot the answer to this one, and seeing how it worked with Rowan when they were studying for Potions, she decided to do it again.)

"Fairy eggs, and-"

"Did someone say bowtruckles?"

Kettleburn emerged from behind a tree. "A couple have run loose, and I need them for the exam tomorrow. Oh, and aren't you supposed to back in the castle?"

"Um..."

"You know what, I won't turn you in if you guys help find the bowtruckles." said Kettleburn.

With that, the students were off, and only minutes later, Barnaby was back. "I think I found them!"

Kettleburn counted the bowtruckles. "I think that's it. Where did you find them?"

"Well, I knew they liked wiggentrees and wood lice, so I looked for those."

"Looks like you studied well for your exam, Mr. Lee." said Kettleburn.

"I told you, Barnaby!" Liz yelled. "You won't have a problem with this exam! At all!"

"Sh, Miss Tuttle, I'll be sacked if Filch hears us out there. Let's head back inside."
************************************
The Care of Magical Creatures exam went by without anything major happening-feeding kneazles, bowtruckles, fire crabs and unicorns wasn't a problem for teenagers who had been taking classes for nearly three years. After that, Dani went to the library with Rowan and Corey (they'd been hanging out a bit lately) to study for hell-um, I mean, vacuum cleaner-actually, no, I mean History of Magic. (Sheesh, Ac9nec5, it's just three simple words.)

"Tulip, no!"

"You're not stopping me, Badeea! BOMBAR-"

"QUIET!!!!! Or I'll throw you out!" Pince growled angrily.

"Why though?" Corey asked Tulip as she sat back down. "Studying History of Magic is fun! Like, what year was Gringotts founded?"

"Uh..."

"1744?" Badeea guessed.

"No, it's 1474," said Rowan. "Who killed Emeric the Evil in a duel?"

"I know this one, Egbert the Egregious. What event followed the soap blizzard of 1378?"

"An economic crash," answered Ismelda, who was passing by.

"Didn't know you studied, Ismelda," said Corey.

"Why wouldn't I? History is full of death, wars, suffering, secrets..."

"Let's head back," Dani cut off. "Tulip, why would you cast bombarda in the library?"

"...I don't wanna study, I guess? I don't even know if I want to be a herbologist or magic historian or sonething else when I grow up. Like, I'm only a fifth-year, that's fine... Right?" said Tulip.

"Well, I don't exactly know what I'll do at this point," said Ismelda.

"And I still have second thoughts about cursebreaking," Dani added.

"But isn't that more of a reason to study? Knowledge is a choice, and if you do well in your OWLs and get into NEWT classes you like, then you can pick careers you like?"

"But there aren't a lot of subjects left! It's too late!"

"It's never too late," said Corey. "So let's carry on, which clause in the code of wand use..."