First Date Part 2

Barnaby was whistling as he jammed yet another book onto the large wooden shelf when he felt a tap on his back.

"Oh, hey Dani."

"Hey. I've been told you were here."

"Yeah, detention sucks. Did you want to talk to me about something? I mean, I don't imagine you'd really want to be in the library otherwise..." he looked around, "...and I don't see Rowan with you anyway."

"Well, um, I wanted to know if you wanted to go on a-" Dani stopped herself, "-no, like, are you free on Saturday?"

"Well, I have to go to Bill's farewell party, but I suppose I have the rest of the day. I suppose you want to... Go somewhere with me?"

"Yeah... I suppose I have something I want to talk to you about. Can we go to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop at, say, 3:00pm? It's in Hogesmeade if you've never heard of it before."

"A tea shop? Sounds like a great date spot... Wait, are you asking me out on a date?"

Dani was slightly stunned that he caught on so quickly. "OK, you got me. Well, kind of. So-"

"Another word from you two," Madam Pince yelled louder than Barnaby or Dani were speaking (or combined as a matter of fact), "and I'll be WRITING more books for you to shelve!"

Barnaby simply ignored her. "Yeah, sure, Dani. A date it is."