Chapter 22

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND AN INAPPROPRIATE SCENE. READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK.
By February, Dani was exhausted.

She'd managed to acquire Peeves attention (at the cost of nearly blowing up the courtyard), but he was soon latched onto her. In the next couple of days, Dani had gotten Sir Cadogan and Merlin to nearly start fighting (nearly because they were separated by their respective paintings), let loose Kettleburn's chimaera AGAIN (even though Liz had just brought it back from the forbidden forest just before the Christmas holidays-don't worry, THIS time Kettleburn didn't let it get further than the training grounds) AND started a food fight in the kitchens with Jae (which got both of them into a sh*t ton of trouble).

It was Saturday again, and as the sun set over the Scottish Highlands (again), students arrived back at Hogwarts castle, where they dispersed to do their own thing, be it studying, playing exploding snap, sorting the candy they'd just bought, or something else entirely.

Dani, Tonks and Tulip got back to school towards the end of the pack, and upon entering the school building through the large double doors, ran up the stairs towards the west towers. Dani prayed to herself that 1. Peeves was watching (and if Duncan was too, that'd be the icing on the cake) and 2. someone was in the tub (although somewhere else would work too-hopefully).

"We have our fingers crossed for you," said Tonks. "Go get that portrait."

"Let's see how it'll all go down."
************************************
Charlie swam another lap around the tub. The warm, colourful water was a great way to unwind after Hogesmeade. For the fifth-years, the weekend meant 48 blissful hours away from homework and teachers mentioning the in-four-months OWLs in every other sentence. And for Charlie, that meant goodbye to wit-sharpening potion and vipera evanesca, and hello to games of gobstones and exploding snap with his brothers (which he always won), idle thoughts about dragons and-

Was that a croak? And another?

Charlie snapped out of his daydream about flying on the back of a Hungarian Horntail (which was unrealistic enough, considering how dangerous they were) and surveyed his surroundings-also known as the ginourmous prefects' bathroom tub, which was now filled with frogs. Loads of frogs.

"EEEEEPPPPP!"

Charlie leapt out of the tub faster than the speed of light (well, actually, of course he didn't) and ran straight out of the prefects' bathroom out into the corridor. Peeves was behind him, of course.

Charlie didn't even remember to put on some clothes, or at least a towel.

And Tonks and Tulip, along with several other students, male or female, 11 years old or 17, were in the corridor too.

(REDACTED)
************************************
"Well, well, well!" Peeves flew back into the cubicle where Dani and Duncan were. "Count me impressed!"

"That's nice to hear. May I have the portrait now!"

"Of course you can! DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!!!!" Peeves sang VERY dramatically as he pulled a portrait out from behind him.

His self-portrait, to be exact. (And in case you don't know what self-portrait means, it's a portrait ONE draw of ONESELF.)

"Peeves, this isn't the portrait I want from you, and you know it."

"Ah, of course I know?"

"Let's set the deal straight: what do you want for it?"

"A mischief masterpiece! The best mischief masterpiece Hogwarts has ever seen!"