Chapter 16

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE.
Back with the vault squad...
"You're good, sweetheart," said Diego Caplan. Diego is a Hufflepuff in Dani's year, and he'd recently offered to help the vault squad train. Just like Bill, he was a formidable dueller, but Dani's impression of him was... Flirty. Very flirty.

Bill, who'd been shown Alex's notebook over the Christmas holidays, questioned, "Are you guys sure this is a good idea? I mean, threatening Rakepick into telling us about whatever she had with Alex? Remember, she's our DADA professor, she could-"

"Have some faith in the greatest witch at Hogwarts, can't you?" tutted Merula.

"Bill's right, man," said Dani. "I mean, Rakepick's freaking experienced and sh*t. How can we expect to even act like we'll beat her up or something if she doesn't let us in on, well, what we wanna know?"

Bill, Dani and Merula were getting grouchier by the day as Rakepick was still at Gringotts since they tried to find her after finding Alex's notebook. They planned to make a move at the first DADA class she was back-and whoever had it first of the co-captains would ask her about it. And neither of them wanted to do it, for reasons that should have been obvious after the last few paragraphs.

Merula stamped her foot. "Well, you don't know until you try, eh?"
************************************
Rakepick looked down at Dani's wand in front of her throat again. She sighed. "Sometimes I wonder if the three of you are a bit too idiotic to co-lead the vault squad. Well, others are more idiotic anyway. But you were right not to underestimate my power, Miss Jackson. But you still gave in to Miss Snyde's senseless statement, and for that..." She took out her wand and waved it, and Dani could only watch in horror as the front tip of her wand splintered and fell on the wooden floor, at the feet of her and her professor.