Chapter 32

"It didn't, so what?"

"Well... I guess I just wanted to say thank you. For letting me join you in the vault. And everything else."

"Just doing my job," said Dani. "And Beatrice, I'm looking forward to ACTUALLY working with you next year."

"Yeah... If I don't get cursed again."

Dani looked at her friends. "Well... What are the odds?"

"Hasn't happened yet, so let's just forget it and enjoy the rest of the year, shall we?" said Rowan.

Just then, Ben finally came back out into the courtyard. "Hey, guys, have you seen Sickleworth anywhere?"

"Do you think Rakepick took him?" said Dani.

"What if she didn't, then? He could be hurt or in danger. I've asked Hagrid and Kettleburn, they haven't seen him either. I was about to check the forbidden forest, and I need backup."

"I'll come with you," said Dani.
************************************
"We did find a ruby arrowhead here before..."

Dani led Ben down into the red cap hole, and as expected, the red cap came rushing out. "MINE, MINE, MINE!"

"STUPEFY!"

Ben shook his head as the red cap fell unconscious. "Dani, we don't need-"

"Chik chik chik!"

Sickleworth was standing behind the students, waving a silvery thing.

"Thank god you're alright!" Ben picked the niffler up. "I'll be keeping you in my room from now on."

"I'll let you have him as long as you let all of us play with him too." Dani snatched the thing out of Sickleworth's little hand. "Is this a key of some sort?"

"Look at the patterns on the top. It looks like corals."

"Well, we did find a trident in the vault, so..."
************************************
That evening, Ben and Dani were back in the Gryffindor common room. Ben had put Sickleworth in his dorm, and was now talking to Dani about anything in the world other than what had transpired in the vault.

"Actually, Ben, I have a question for you. Why did you just suddenly decide to become braver?"

Ben looked at his friend, then joked, "Snap, should've rehearsed my answer. Well..."