Ch98 - Realization

Vincent left early, and after washing the dishes from the breakfast that she'd made for him, Jocasta went back to sleep. But there was something that just didn't stop lingering in her mind. She had given Vincent a bottle of a few millilitres of her blood that Shalua was going to examine and figure out what's wrong. Her hand reached for her belly. There was something very wrong about this. Fainting? Vomiting? Hunger? They all sounded so familiar. Symptoms of a case that Jocasta had researched when Hojo suggested they inject Lucrecia's womb with JENOVA cells while being pregnant to Sephiroth. Jocasta's eyes widened and she stopped breathing for an entire minute.

Pregnant.

No. It couldn't have been true. It wasn't even possible. For all she knew, Hojo had fucked up her abdominal area with his lancets and his experiments. The high voltages and all that cutting and butchering. She still had her period but... Period. She pushed aside the sheets that had been covering her body, and she hurried over the kitchen counter. She grabbed the notebook where she was keeping all the dates.

Late. Late! She was late on her period and her eyes remained widened, rereading the dates, and trying to figure out other explanations about it. She couldn't be pregnant. Her one oviduct and ovary weren't working at all ever since what Hojo had done to her, but the other... the other... She groaned. Her hand reached for her forehead and she rubbed the headache that had started gathering there.

This couldn't be true. She hadn't worried about it because she thought that she was unable to carry any children. But maybe she was. Oh, how would Vincent react to that? She didn't know. He hadn't reacted much when he was told that Sephiroth was his own. What if the results came out and he'd react the same way? With that cold look in his eyes and a thousand words storming around his mind that he'd never let out. What if he didn't want this? What if... so many ifs that terrified her. She didn't have any appetite to eat after this.

No. She could be wrong. Something else must have been going on and she should just wait and see. She regretted leaving her microscope on the basement and without Vincent, she couldn't go down there. There are cockroaches down there. She thought of going for a moment. Maybe it was time she fought the fear for that vicious little insect but the more she thought about it, the more she didn't want to go. Hell naw.

ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ꕥ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ

"CID! Where THE HELL is that CAKE, I asked you to buy HOURS AGO?!"

"Dammit, woman! I haven't even left the house yet!"

"Then what the hell ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!"

Cid rubbed his forehead and groaned "Gotta fix the goddamn car, to go to the goddamn store, TO BUY THE GODDAMN CAKE!" he slipped out from beneath the car and tossed the screwdriver in a chest that was filled with tools. Then the bell of the door resounded all around the house and he groaned. He wiped the grease from his hands on his suit and walked out of the garage and back to the living room.

"Cid! The door!"

Cid shot a deadly look towards Shera, who was sitting on the armchair in the living room. Her belly was significantly bigger. Her glasses rested at the tip of her nose as she sewed the holes that he had made on a shirt. She had a satisfied smile on her face upon glancing on his frustration.

"I fuckin' heard it, Shera! I ain't fuckin' deaf!" Cid cried out before he proceeded to open the door. The deadly look disappeared from his face and he laughed when he saw Jocasta. "Joe! Thank fuckin' God, you're here!"