𖧷

Almost a month had passed with the routine where Zara and Zayan didn't even talk to each other like before. Zara only felt doing the responsibilities of a wife, nothing else.

The ever happy and sparkling Zara had turned into a gloomy one.

"Zara, here's Zayan's coffee. Just take this to him." Malika said to Zara who silently nodded her head.

Sighing, she made her way out of the kitchen, taking her way straightaway to the stairs for going in their room.

Without knocking she entered the room not caring about the fact in what condition Zayan could be inside. It's her room as well after all.

Without any word coming out of her mouth, she placed the cup in Zayan's hand who looked at her in bewilderment.

Did he do that much wrong in yelling at her that day due to which she isn't even speaking to him since a month?

Tired of this behaviour, he pulled her in his lap, keeping the cup away now his sole attention on his wife.

"Zara, when will you talk to me? I am tired of waiting for you to come to me, disturb me and complain about those idiots. And I am tired of waiting for my wife to love me." He said cupping her cheeks and she looked at him through glistening eyes.

"You were the one who said that you're tired of my complaints and mischief. And that's why I have made up mind not to do that again." She said with a straight face.

"Zara, please. I am sorry." He murmured, nuzzling his face into her neck making her heartbeat increase.

"No. I don't want to listen to you." She said with quivering lips, her emotions flowing throughout her body.

"Zara, tell me what did I do wrong, but don't stay away from me this time. I don't want this to continue." He said smothering her cheek and she finally let out every emotion inside of her.

Her face was nuzzled in his neck, tears flowing out of her beautiful brown eyes, hands clutching onto Zayan's shirt. Her whimpers were heard from time to time and this time Zayan let Zara whatever she wanted to. He didn't stop her.

"You're so bad Zayan. You never yelled at me this much. The only thing you always did was scolding me which I love myself. But that day, you didn't let me speak. Not even once that why I denied for Shanaya to get married off with Hredhaan. You did that in front of everyone. Who does this?" She asked while sobbing.

"Do you even know how I felt when you said I am jealous of my own cousin. You said everything won't work according to me, but just tell me one thing Zayan. When did I ever say that I want things done to be according to me? Did I ever say this?" She continued looking at him accusingly.

"You didn't." He shook his head.

"You said you're tired of my childishness. Then why did you agree to marry me in the first place? You've known and seen me since the childhood so you must be knowing by behaviour and antics since the beginning right? You could've said no to this marriage, but you didn't. You bought this upon yourself and then you say you're tired." She said while wiping her tears.

"I am not Zara. I am not tired. I was an idiot to say this back there. You light up my life with your behaviour Zara. Your innocence is enchanting to me. You are my better half and without you I feel incomplete. Like Mom says, we compliment each other Zara and I am so sorry to even bring this up. But please forgive me. It was so wrong of me to say this and when the realization hit me hard like a truck, I cannot be more grateful. Scold me, hit me, slap me or do whatever you want, but don't stay away from me anymore." He pleaded in desperation while cupping her cheeks.