❄︎

9 years later...

The sound of heels clicking was discerned as she walked through the glass doors, her head held high, eyes fixated ahead in a fierce gaze and her body oozing of confidence.

The workers here nodded their heads with a Good Morning at her to which she nodded back.

This morning was anything but good for her as she again had a dream about those times.

Those cruel one.

The betrayal period.

"That my best friend, she a real bad bitch..."

A familiar voice reached her ears making a known smile appear on her lips, all ill thoughts vanishing away from her brain now that she'd finally reunited with him.

By now she'd entered her office, with him following her right behind.

"Got her own money, she 'on't need no'..."

"On the dance floor, she had two, three drinks..." Came his teasing voice as she twirled happily, dancing on his so-called beat making a chuckle escape his mouth.

"Now she twerkin', she throw it out and come back in..."

And with that he started twerking like crazy making a full blown laugh escape Kaeya's mouth.

This was what she needed.

A time she let everything free.

A time she could be herself.

A time she could laugh like no one was looking at her.

"I missed you." She mumbled in his chest as she engulfed him in a tight hug.

"I wish I could say the same." Tanishq responded in a muffled voice as his face was buried in her hair.

"One time. Literally one time I was expecting you to be affectionate towards me." Kaeya grumbled as she separated from him from their hug.

"Why would I? I was literally the one who had to clean up the mess you made after drinking like crazy in the club last night." Tanishq stated with a scrunched up face making Kaeya roll her eyes.

"And I was the one who took you back home in the first place." Tanishq continued as she placed her bag on the desk.

He was unexpectedly someone who sticked to her these 9 years.

They'd gotten so much close past these years now that they'd opened a company together from the scratch. Though it wasn't like the two were billionaires, it was going very well and they earned amazing profits. There was no place for any complaints. The finance which Kaeya's parents left helped them a lot, with now Kaeya being 51% owner while Tanishq was 49%.

He was a blessing in disguise.

And their friendship was something she now cherished because experience had made her learn thay anything can happen at any point of time.

Love?

She doesn't even know what that is anymore.

Friendship?

She thought she would never get to experience again but Tanishq proved her wrong.

These two were strongest than ever.

"Dude, we literally went to a club after so long. Of course I was excited as hell. And you're forgetting that I was the one who paid for us so caring for me after that is the least you could do." Kaeya scoffed dramatically.