𑁍

Flashback:

"How are you Aunty?" Yahvi questioned with a soft smile as she helped her clean the mess it had been created when the guest finally left.

Ruchi Khurana was a woman who had two people's responsibility on her shoulders, except herself. They were Rishabh and his father. She was still the lady of the house who had to take care of every single thing and this whole year didn't make any easier with Rishabh's, concerning Rishabh's health.

"I am good. What is going to happen to me? You tell me, how is it going for you? Did you say yes to the proposal that came for you?" Ruchi asked with a small smile that only pained her heart seeing what she was asking.

"No." Yahvi responded in a firm voice.

"Why child? Your mother and father need to perform their responsibilities too right? You have to think about them as well." Ruchi suggested, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Leave that na Aunty. You tell me, how did the meeting went with these guests? Did Rishabh agree to this marriage? Is the girl's family ready?" Yahvi asked fake a smile.

Only she knew how much she was controlling herself from crying at the thought of Rishabh marrying someone else.

He was hers!

She wants to be his princess forever!

"The girl denied saying she c-cannot t-trust him with their future. Who knows what might happen to him again." Ruchi let out a low chuckle, a distant look in her eyes.

"What might happen again!? Aunty the doctors have declared that he's free of cancer. There's no trace of it and he's perfectly fine. What's there to worry about?" Yahvi asked, barely controlling her anger at the words she just heard.

"This is not the first time I am her this from a girl's family Yahvi. Every girl has said the same thing since 6 months. And even when a girl does agree, Rishabh doesn't. He hasn't agreed to a single proposal yet, let alone be the girl's decision." Ruchi Khurana replied looking at Yahvi sideways who worked in the kitchen as if it was hers.

It wasn't the first time she was here. After the day she met Rishabh after a long long time, the visits, meets and everything remained constant. Except Rishabh's parents and relatives, the only person he met in his treatment period was Yahvi.

And the only person that cried when the doctor declared he was free of cancer was Yahvi, except his parents who had their son back in every aspect.

She cried when she hugged him. She cried when she saw him free of those wires. She cried when she saw him walking out of the hospital room, this time for permanent.

"Can I ask something from you Yahvi?" Ruchi Khurana questioned looking at Yahvi who seemed lost.

"You don't need to take permission Aunty." She smiled softly.

"What is the reason that you don't agree to any proposal that comes for you?" She questioned catching Yahvi off guard.

Her heartbeat increased realizing what Ruchi just asked. She knew the answer of it, but she wasn't sure if it was meant to be disclosed.

"As if you don't know Aunty?" She teased Ruchi Khurana who had a smile of herself.

"What will you do when I will be the one sending a proposal?" Ruchi asked, ignoring Yahvi's response.

"Then you'll be finding a girl who agreed to the proposal without any hesitation." Yahvi said, taking the piece of apple Ruchi had just cut for Rishabh.