❄︎

For the very first time, he cursed the size of his penthouse. Since he had locked it open for them to enter, she was nowhere to be found as she stormed off.

Thinking she would relax after some minutes, he decided to take a shower and relax himself as well.

But it had been more than 1 hour than she was nowhere to be seen.

He was about to enter the last room in the penthouse that was a guest one when a loud sniffle reached his ears.

It felt like someone was in the balcony that he doesn't really uses and without thinking much, he stepped in that revealed a curled up Kaeya on the ground who had a phone pressed on her ear, handa clutching it tightly.

"I- I can't. It's r-really hard..." She sobbed in the phone, rocking herself.

Her face had tears streaming down her face as her hands were wrapped around her legs that were touching her chest.

She looked exactly like she did on that day.

The day when he didn't help her.

That day he'd unintentionally become frozen to his surroundings.

But today he didn't hold himself back.

He instantly strode towards her, touching her back softly to indicate his presence. She flinched in response, her teary brown eyes meeting his helpless brown ones. They were filled with regret.

In panic, she tried to get away from him, but lost her balance because of her shivering hands and she let out a yelp between her cries.

"Bhai, t-tell him to go away. H-He is not listening- he-e-"

Her confident and cold self since years finally broke apart, shedding those tears that she promised she would never. This man, Yuvaan Shah always does things to her which she doesn't want to feel. And yet he creates such an impact on her heart with him few, inexpressible words.

She stopped her rambling as the person on the other hand started speaking.

And then all of a sudden she passed the phone to him which he slowly took.

"H-Hello?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yuvaan." He instantly recognized this voice as Aditya's.

"Yes?" He hummed.

"Just h-hug Kaeya. Try to make her relax. Make her feel your embrace and tell her to take deep breaths. She'll be fine." Came his voice from the other side and a wavered breath came out of Yuvaan's mouth.

Without wasting any second, he kept the phone aside as Aditya had instantly hung up after saying this, and forwarded his hand towards Kaeya who was looking everywhere except him.

"Kaykay, please." He tried to pull her closer who removed his hands harshly.

"No..." She muttered under her breath.

How dare he even call her Kaykay?

He had lost that right years ago.

"For the last time I promise. We won't even talk." He cajoled.

"Promise?" She asked with a skeptical look.

"I don't believe in your promises anymore. You broke each of the promises that we made to each other. Because of whom? That bitch, Miesha?" She spat.

Yuvaan clenched his fist in his lap, her words affecting him though he knew whatever he said was something he deserved.

"No wait, now don't slap me or something that I called Miesha a bitch. Where is she even hiding in your house? And dude, stop wasting your wedding night. Come on, call her and start your romance. Braid her hair, watch a movie, kiss like those horny teenagers and lie to me. I missed that. This literally happened for 6 months with me so I had gotten used to it and now I guess I am missing those time. Won't you do that for your wife, Yuvaan?" She asked with a sarcastic worried look on her face, a fake pout on her lips as she frowned.