❄︎

Laying on the bed, her eyes having a distant look in them, face void of any emotions, she just felt blank from everywhere.

5 months had passed since that day.

She missed him.

There was no doubt in that.

She missed their moments when they would play xbox. Or when he would tickle her mercilessly or when he would make fun of her.

She missed when she would cry on his shoulder because of the daily drama in her house and he would soothe her that everything will be fine once they'll grow up.

And she badly missed how he would give all of his time to her. Only her.

He had simply pleaded her to forgive him on the next day of school that he would never do anything like this in future and will try to maintain a balance.

But who was he even lying to?

Did he do that in 5 months? No, right? But Kaeya didn't even say anything in this matter. She'd had enough of going back to him everytime and looking so desperate, like Miesha had texted her.

"Kaeya! Come down right now!" A loud yell reached up her making her internally groan.

She thought she was done for the day?

But guess what, they would never have enough of making her feel helpless.

Not bothering to look at her herself in the mirror or changing her clothes, she quickly dashed down the stairs, practically tripping once or twice in between due to her being in a haste.

She was panting when she finally took the last stair, now dashing towards the lounge from where she knew her aunt must've called out to her.

"What do you think you were doing locked up in that room? Did I tell you that you were done for the day?" Her Aunt, Aishwarya glared at her.

"But, I did help you with the dinner." Kaeya mumbled, lowering her head down.

"What an ungrateful brat you are. Here we are helping an orphan like you and look at you. Don't you have any respect towards us that we have been taking care of you since childhood, and even providing you with everything?" Aishwarya yelled, getting up from the couch, all hyped up with anger.

Orphan.

"I- I am s-sorry." Kaeya mumbled in response like usual.

What was her fault that her parents had died in an accident when she was just 2 years old, leaving her all alone in the custody of her father's elder brother and his wife?

The only reason they took her in their family was because of the wealth her parents had left for her. She would get that once she would turn 21 and they made sure of it that they would force her to name all of it on them.

All they had been doing since years was making her cry, abuse her mentally with their words and treat her like some maid of the house.

That's why, the place she felt peace at was Yuvaan's house, now where she hadn't even been to since 5 months.

His mother questioned her. But it didn't take her long to make up a false reason like she did the whole time to Yuvraj too.

No one decided to mend amongst the two bestfriends thinking they might be having some personal and childish issues between them.

"You better be. Now my son is back after such a hectic day from office. He's freshening up right now and before he arrives, make something special for him to eat." Aishwarya ordered like she had been doing since forever.