𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

Two years later...

The sound of birds chirping outside the french windows, direct morning sunlight beaming through it which landed on the person sleeping soundlessly on the bed made him stir in the most comfortable sleep he thought he was having with his wife.

As he didn't find her wrapped in his arms like daily, he opened his right eye to peek at the space beside him which he shockingly found empty.

According to him, if he doesn't wakes up with her in his arms, the day doesn't goes too well.

Upon checking his mobile, he came to know it was only 8 AM on a bright summer morning.

Getting up from the plush bed, he walked towards the bathroom whose door was left ajar. If she wasn't in the room at this point of time, then the bathroom was the only other option to look for her.

There she was, on the bathroom's tiled floor, hunched over the toilet seat and puking her guts out which made his heart clench.

She's again in pain because of him.

"Why didn't you wake me up Shree?" Reached his calm voice to her ears as he rubbed her back soothingly, pushing the silky strands of her hair out of the way.

"It's fine. You don't have to disturb your sleep because of this daily." She murmured, getting up from the floor with a support from him and stood in front of the basin's countertop to wash her mouth.

"Well in a way it's my fault." Came his teasing voice which made her smile in between her task.

He continued, "It's my responsibility to take care of you. As I promised you a couple of months ago, we are going to go through this together. If you will be awake, then I will be too."

"I love you Rudra. You're the best life partner I could ever get." She murmured, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"I love you too baby. And thank you for this amazing gift in my life." He replied, placing his big hand over her tiny bump that was prominent due to the satin shirt she wore.

"And this is the ummm- 876th time in two and a half months that you're saying the same thing." She teased, clinging onto him like a Koala.

"Then bear this because I won't stop this in my lifetime." He said proudly, leading them back to their bedroom.

"You look hot." She said all of a sudden, tapping his broad chest with her finger.

"Uhh-"

"That's not fair! I look like I woke up directly after an year and look at you! It's like you can model even after waking up a couple of minutes ago." She now cried.

Mood swings.

"Damn." Rudra whispered to himself, not knowing how to handle her since such mood swings were still new to him.

"Do you know what's for breakfast Shree?" He asked, cupping her cheeks.

"Uhh- how would I? I still haven't gotten down." She shook her head, eyes still glistening with unshed tears.

"It's nutella. Nutella sandwich only for my wife and no one else." He said, trying to brighten her mood.

"You're wrong. Navya is my partner." She huffed, directing towards Shivraj's daughter.

"That's right. I forgot." He faked his expression.

"You did." She nodded with a pout.

"And I am sorry for that. Now come on, let's take a shower before going downstairs." He suggested, running his hand through her silky hair.