"How the fuck did this happen?" Atharva roared smacking on his mahogany desk that made half of the things fall.

Tanvi fliched at her place as tears flew out of her eyes.

"Bhai we were just shopping and then all of a sudden I- I was on g-gunpoint by someone and on the other hand A-Ayla was dragged by someone else. A-As she tried to f-free herself, they stabbed her in the stomach and took her away. I couldn't save her. I- I t-tried but I couldn't." She sobbed, clutching her stomach as she fell on one of the chair of his office.

"Who the hell told you to take her for shopping? Didn't you said you have bodyguards with you? Where were they at that time?" He shouted at his sister who was crying continuously.

"Bhai I just wanted to spend some time with her. And like usual the bodyguards were scattered around with a good distance between us and them. I don't know what happened to them, but when those people took Ayla away, there was no sign of the bodyguards." Tanvi lied smoothly, and she wiped her tears from the back of her palm.

In between he had already dialled his younger brother, his right hand Tarun who was on his way to his Boss's office.

"Go back home. Your home. And dare you tell anyone about this Tanvi. I will handle everything without anyone knowing." He said sternly to his sister who nodded with a worried expression.

He was angry and worried about Ayla at the same moment. Where he had already made up his mind that he would go back home to spend time with Ayla as soon as she return, now he was showered with the news of her getting kidnapped.

Ayla was too innocent for these things. Her fragile heart and small figure would never be able to handle their torture.

He knew something was wrong and now it was the time for him to put the pieces together and find out who exactly is the rat here.

//////////

The smell of rotten cockroaches, cheap alcohol, garbage not being disposed off since years made Ayla finally open her eyes after 5 hours since she was abducted.

Her head throbbed and as she tried to touch it, she felt soreness in her wrist concluding she had been tied up.

And then a painful smile formed on her face as Tanvi and Leela's smirking face flashed in front of her eyes.

Bloody betrayer.

Footsteps reached her eear and she closed back her eyes, not to make it very obvious that she was now in her senses.

The clicking of heels was clearly discerned and she concluded that either of Tanvi and Leela is here with someone else.

A stinging pain formed on her cheek as the sound of a hand coming in contact with a cheek was heard. Someone had slapped her.

And not to lie. Everything at this point pained in her body. A single touch from herself left a stinging pain.

Her head was jerked back with force upon someone taking her hair in a harsh grip. It felt as if her silky, smooth hair that Atharva loved to caress would come out of her head due to the unbearable pressure.

"Time to wake up, bitch." A feminine voice hissed in her ears.

She slowly opened her ears, blinking a few times, adjusting to the surroundings she saw it was Tanvi. The one who had betrayed her. The one who had slapped her. The one who had yanked her hair. Two feet away was Varun Jaisingh, Tanvi's husband.

He was looking at Ayla almost coldly.

"Happy realization darling. By the looks of it, it seems that you have finally realized everything happening around you. Doesn't this feels good? After all it's the exact place you deserve to live. In this condition." Tanvi's mocking voice reached her ears as she circled the almost broken chair Ayla was sitting on.