❄︎

Usually it doesn't take long for a girl to accept her husband's house and live there like it's hers, taking up the homely feeling.

But it wasn't the same with Kaeya.

She had to find up places where she wouldn't be able to see him. That's the only way she felt better otherwise the bitter memories would surface her mind.

And then it was Yuvaan who kept making advances, trying to repent and make her forgive him as soon as possible.

She loved a steaming cup of coffee just as she wakes up and he would be ready with the same which she couldn't ignore because of the respect of food.

His looks full of regret and guilt would make her insides churn.

She didn't ask him what happened with Miesha after she was gone for better. Maybe she didn't wanted to know or maybe it was that she wouldn't be able to handle the truth? Or maybe and most importantly that what all happened with Miesha and him didn't matter to her at all.

Yes, it was the last one.

Those two had caused enough damage and she just felt like she didn't want to know more about them because it would only destroy her mind.

"Kaeya." His hesitant voice reached up her ears making her snap out of her thoughts.

She just simply hummed in response, not even paying him a glance.

"T-There's a business party. Since I-I am married to y-you, they've given me an invitation for Mr. and Mrs. Shah. So, will you-"

He was asking her all the while hesitantly when her voice stopped him.

"On what basis are you even asking me Yuvaan? For what I know, you don't really like my presence. I remember the old days when someone else was your priority over me, something you said would never change but it did." Kaeya blurted.

"Enough Kaeya. Enough. This is the last time we're bringing Miesha between us. Because I have had enough. Taunt me with whatever you want but that woman will not be a part of us anymore." Yuvaan gritted out making Kaeya shake her head.

"Let's keep everything aside for once Yuvaan. And just give me an honest answer for what I am about to ask." Kaeya breather out and Yuvaan instantly nodded his head, interest oozing out.

"Weren't you the one who first included Miesha between us? That too when we were bestest of friends. What was the reason?" She asked glancing at him.

A wavered breath came out of Yuvaan's mouth at Kaeya's question. But it wasn't again and again that this chance would come so he decided to answer everything honestly no matter she would appreciate this or not.

"I am not gonna lie but this was something I forced myself to do it. Maybe you don't know it but everyone used to tease me that I don't have a friend except you or that I always be a coward only talking to you the whole time, hiding behind your back from everyone. I just needed to show those football mates that I can make a friend too who isn't you, Kaeya." He responded sighing at the end.

Kaeya gave him a bewildered look in return. Was he this easy to be influenced?

"And you fell in love with her too in the time being?" She faced so much difficulty to ask this question.