The continuous pitter patter was heard as the water, from up above the sky was drizzling onto the serene area, through the lush greenery, enhancing freshness at its level best.

The whole atmosphere was soothing.

It created a euphoric vibe for everyone.

Everyone except these two.

The two being Shreya and Veer.

Laying down on the bed with their back facing each other's, they both were lost into incomplete thoughts, barely acknowledging what was happening in their surroundings.

They didn't bother to intake the freshness of a time like this.

Their parents had ordered them to spend some time together, away from all the happenings of their life. Because all they'd been doing since two months was Shreya living in the world of books while Veer drowning himself in his office work, barely sleeping.

This decision felt highly forceful to both of them as they didn't want this to happen.

For Veer, the reason was that no matter how hard he'd tried to get the old Shreya back, controlling his emotions and feelings towards the incident just for her, it just didn't work as Shreya was being a adamant one.

She doesn't knows herself that why she was doing it. She couldn't feel any emotions. She felt abandoned. She felt as if there was nothing left in their lives.

Not even crying.

It was only a week after the incident that she'd shed her precious tears. After it, her eyes were void. Void of emotions, void of any feeling. Void of tears.

Currently at 12 in the midnight, no one seemed to catch any sleep, doesn't matter they were too tired because of these past months. The month which none of them enjoyed as they weren't the old Shreya and Veer. They had lost their charm unknowingly.

They both were adamant in their own ways.

Daily in the night, they would be at the two farthest ends of the bed, however in the morning they would find themselves wrapped in each other's arms, feeling comfort at its level best.

To overcome the pain, Veer had decided to take her to a children's orphanage after the first week of her accident, but it was only for Shreya to burst in a pool of tears as soon as she glanced at the cute little children playing in the field there, without any care of the world.

Without any noise, she slowly sat upright on the plush bed of their hotel room and glanced at Veer who seemed a lot busy in his thoughts.

"Veer..." She whispered, which stood our barely audible and that's why Veer hadn't shown any response.

"Veer." Her voice was comparatively high and in an instant, Veer's head snapped towards her with a worried look on his face.

"Yes?" Was his response, although he seemed as if he wanted to say a lot. A lot that was piled up inside of him.

"I feel pain." She mumbled, looking down in her lap, as she felt as if she couldn't meet his eyes.

Her dark brown locks were hiding her face for him to see, yet he knew what she must be feeling right now.

"Pain? Where baby? Where is it paining? Is your stomach fine? What about-" He rambled only to be cut off by Shreya placing her plam on top of his mouth.

"Shh. Don't worry." She murmured looking straight into his eyes which only made her see the warmth and love he had for her.

"But-"